It’s an exciting time at Crossbeam. Just two years post-launch, we have over three thousand companies using our platform, raised more than $40M of venture capital from leading VC firms, and are working with awesome strategic investors like Salesforce, Hubspot, Okta, and Slack. Best of all, we’re just getting started. In a market full of uncertainty, we are fortunate to have an unwavering long-term vision and the funding to see it through at full speed.
Crossbeam helps companies partner with each other in a more data-driven way by acting as an escrow service for data. Our platform allows companies to find overlapping customers and prospects with their partner ecosystem while keeping the rest of their data private and secure.
We’re growing our in-house design team to solidify ourselves as leaders in the product design world. Our current team has created a scalable design system and design aesthetic, building a strong foundation for our product design identity. We're excited to bring on a second designer to continue building systems and features that make our customer’s lives easier.
- UI/UX Design. Design features from concept to release that solve real customer problems.
- System Design. Contribute to and help maintain and build on our design system, with a strong focus on efficiency and reusable components.
- Collaboration. Work with product and engineering to ensure that designs are technically feasible and meet requirements. You will also work with sales, customer success, marketing, senior leadership, and our customers to bring a successful and functional product to life.
- Design Culture. As an early Product Designer on the team, you will contribute to and uphold our design standards alongside the rest of the product team and in-house graphic designer.
- Internal Feedback. Proactively seek feedback from various stakeholders across the business to validate ideas and ensure that what we’re translating customer needs to design.
- Customer Research. Conduct customer-facing feedback sessions, sit in on sales and customer success calls, and use tools like Fullstory and our internal product analytics to identify user trends and areas of improvement.
- Customer Empathy. You may not be a partnership professional, but you’re interested in the problem we’re solving, and will become familiar with our user personas and pain points.
- You have 2-4 years experience in product design at a SaaS product.
- You are a thinker and a doer, allowing you to contribute ideas in discovery stages but also get your hands dirty and deliver with great efficiency when it comes to implementing those ideas.
- You have experience closely collaborating with product teams and can create value from the very beginning in the product ideation process.
- You have experience working directly with engineers to nail down the details of how your designs will be implemented, including an understanding of tradeoffs and willingness to adapt based on technical feasibility.
- Your collaboration and project management skills are well-honed, allowing you to work on multiple parallel projects alongside a diverse set of stakeholders.
- You understand our philosophy of product-led growth (PLG) and believe that product design is a key input to growth and go-to-market success for a SaaS company.
- You love talking to customers and are excited and proactive about validating ideas, approaches, and designs with them.
- You are well versed in the tools of the trade and specifically have familiarity with Figma (Sketch is cool too!)
- You understand the importance of organization & documentation (bonus points if you’ve used Notion in the past for this)
- You speak your mind and have no issue raising concerns with colleagues, but are also able to “disagree and commit” when things don’t go your way.
- You just read this whole list and got more excited than concerned.
What to Expect from Crossbeam's Interview Process
We go through the same interview steps for all Product Design candidates to ensure equity in our hiring process.
Our process is designed to learn as much about each candidate as possible, as well as to give candidates access to our team and learn about what it's like to be a PDs at Crossbeam. Topics will range from Product Design experience to problem-solving approaches and collaboration.
- First-round call with a Crossbeam in-house recruiter
- 45 Minute presentation + 15 for questions which we call a ‘Portfolio Review’ for a 3 person panel which will help us get a better understanding of your design experience and the projects you’ve worked on.
- The final Interview is set up to meet multiple folks in succession, here's how we break it up:
- 30 Minutes White Boarding Session
- 30 Minutes with Head of Product
- 30 Minutes with Senior Product Designer
- 30 Minutes with a Front End Developer
- 45 Minutes with Product Team Members
This is a salaried role. In addition, Crossbeam offers:
- Health Care Plan (Medical, Dental & Vision)
- Flexible PTO Policy
- Parental leave
- Stock Option Plan
- 401k Plan + Match
Fully remote candidates are encouraged to apply. We have an office in Center City Philadelphia which we’ve closed temporarily due to COVID-19, with everyone working remotely. When we’re comfortable reopening the office, local candidates are also welcome to work from our Center City Philadelphia headquarters some or all of the time.
Crossbeam's core value of Equity sits at the heart of our hiring process, and we're proud to be building a culture where difference is valued. Applicants from diverse and non-traditional backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply. We recruit, employ, train, compensate and promote regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender, disability, age, or veteran status.