Yoto is an interactive audio platform founded by experienced entrepreneurs that aims to change the way children access audio content. The Yoto ecosystem revolves around a curated library of stories, music, activities, sound effects, podcasts and radio. Children listen to the content on Yoto Player, a safely connected speaker that is controlled using physical cards with NFC technology. Additionally, the Yoto App allows parents to retain a level of control, enabling volume control, remote play and more.
We launched our first hardware product, Yoto Player, on Kickstarter in November 2017, reaching its funding target after only 5 days, and receiving a Red Dot Design award in the process. The product shipped for Christmas 2018 to a great customer reaction. Our partners include Disney, Lego, Roald Dahl Story Company, Penguin Random House, Hachette, Macmillan, Harper Collins, Naxos, Storynory and more. Luke Kelly, grandson of Roald Dahl and MD of the Roald Dahl Story Company, is on our board, and we are well-funded - backed by leading investors.
At the start of 2020, having worked with Pentagram on the redesign of the product and our brand, we relaunched Yoto Player. Since then, and despite certain major world events, sales have been doubling (and sometimes tripling) MOM, we've launched UK and US websites, won multiple awards including TIME's Best Invention 2020, had a tonne of good press across the world and started to build some great buzz.
We are looking for an experienced Financial Controller, to undertake all aspects of financial management, including corporate accounting, regulatory and financial reporting, budget and forecasts preparation, as well as development of internal control policies and procedures. Finance Controller responsibilities will also include financial risk management. Reporting directly to the CFO you'll have previous experience working within a fast paced and detailed environment whilst optimising processes. You will possess an inquisitive mindset with the ability to take ownership of problems and seek to propose solutions.
- Manage all accounting operations including Billing, A/R, A/P, GL, Cost Accounting, Inventory Accounting and Revenue Recognition
- Coordinate and direct the preparation of the budget and financial forecasts and report variances
- Prepare and publish timely monthly financial statements
- Coordinate the preparation of regulatory reporting
- Research technical accounting issues for compliance
- Support month-end and year-end close process
- Ensure quality control over financial transactions and financial reporting
- Manage and comply with local, state, and federal government reporting requirements and tax filings
- Develop and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls
- Additional controller duties as necessary
- Proven working experience as a Financial Controller
- A hands on qualified accountant (CIMA/ACCA/ACA)
- Thorough knowledge of accounting principles and procedures
- Experience with creating financial statements
- Experience with general ledger functions and the month-end/year end close process
- Excellent accounting software user and administration skills (Xero, A2X, Veeqo)