Longbridge Financial (LBF) is an innovative company committed to responsibly helping seniors use home equity to have a better retirement. We work together with reputable companies in the financial services industry and anticipate rapid expansion and opportunities for personal and professional growth while moving into exciting new directions for the reverse mortgage business. If you are interested in taking the next step in your career and helping to build the foundation of an exciting company, this role could be a perfect fit.
If you are looking to expand your FHA Underwriting skills and learn reverse, please read on. Longbridge is hiring forward FHA Underwriters who want to learn the reverse side of Underwriting.
- Responsible for underwriting files and establishing conditions to meet FHA and LBF guidelines.
- Ability to make timely, accurate decisions on all FHA transactions
- Evaluate risk and ensure quality of each loan decision
- Communicate requirements and/or decisions clearly
- Responsible for reviewing all areas of the mortgage loan file to ensure accuracy, completeness, and compliance with internal and regulatory guidelines, including but not limited to Application, Title, Appraisal, Assets, Credit, Condominium information, and income.
- Responsible for clear and concise communication to appropriate parties including but not limited to the processing department on items needed to prepare a loan for closing.
- Partner with processing to close loans in a timely in efficient manner
- Adhere to service level agreements and prioritize workflow
- Maintain quality control standards while maintaining production standards by company's definition
- Assist in identifying, recommending, and/or negotiating alternative loan documentation requirements
- Three + years of current active experience underwriting FHA Mortgages (Retail and/or Wholesale)
- Must have a valid active CHUMS Number
- Strong credit, risk analysis, and analytical skills
- Be able to examine loan documentation for accuracy and completeness
- Computer literate with the ability to learn new software applications.
- Working knowledge of federal and state regulations and requirements with emphasis on MDA, TILA, HUD and RESPA reform.
- Understands the loan flow process including file structure, and documentation requirements.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Attention to detail, with strong organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work well with a wide range of people, work under pressure with a focus on deadlines, and adapt to changing situations daily
- Ability to use creative thinking to find solutions to problems
- High level of integrity and trust
- Ability to meet and exceed service level agreements
- Competent risk-assessment skills
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision in a team environment
- Be flexible and adaptable
- Ability to identify fraud and layered risk
- Familiar with HUD underwriting guidelines and documentation, mortgage legal documentation, 3rd party risk assessment products and Federal/ State/Local compliance regulations
- Manual Underwriting experience is a plus
- Reverse Mortgage underwriting experience is a plus
If you are interested in joining a growing company, work remotely and be compensated well, please email LBF your resume today. LBF is an EOE
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.