DISCO is looking for an exceptional Head of People Ops to join our growing team. You will play a key role in bringing in new staff, administering the HR for our remote team, and helping to improve the employee experience at DISCO. Our team will look to you on matters relating to people operations, to assist with onboarding and offboarding, and for support on broader operations initiatives.
To be successful in this role, you’ll need to be able to take the lead on finding the best candidates for open roles, complete in depth administrative tasks with a high degree of accuracy, and to research solutions to complex HR requirements facing our remote team in different regions. The successful candidate will have significant scope to initiate and lead projects to create and improve internal processes relating to people ops at the company.
This is a full time role, but we are open to part time for the right candidate.
As Head of People Ops, you’ll be responsible for:
- Coordinating both recruitment and onboarding of new hires, assisting with screening (including background checks)
- Finding ways to continually improve our recruitment processes
- Fostering development within our global team, including leadership development, helping staff to set goals, improve their skills and progress their careers
- Helping department heads and the executive team with organisational planning and scaling a rapidly growing team
- Creating a safe, inclusive and responsive environment for feedback and growth
- Assisting with improving intra-company communication
- Programs covering diversity and inclusion
- Programs and initiatives covering benefits, incentives, reward and recognition
- Essential HR functions like employee rights, health and safety, leave, hours, remuneration, contracts, notice and termination, offboarding, performance management, disciplinary requirements and harassment
- Ensuring we’re in compliance with legislation in all the different territories we have staff, contractors and operations.
We’re looking for someone who thrives finding solutions to complex problems, and who loves putting workable, human systems in place. As our Head of People Ops, you’ll also help drive a remote culture that values empathy and performance.
To be successful in this role, you’ll:
• have 2-3 years experience helping to run People/HR within a growing company, ideally within a startup
• have 2-3 years experience in a remote team
• have a strong understanding of HR and people ops best practices and procedures
• be deeply interested in people, and how an organisation can help people thrive.
We’re ideally looking for someone based in Australia, to work alongside our Australian team, but will consider remote candidates in other regions. Please note we're currently only considering remote candidates who have at least 2-3 hours crossover with AEST business hours year round. As such, we are only considering US applicants on the west coast (PT), and can't consider EU based applicants for this role.
We are a thoughtful, tight knit group. We’re big into cross-functional collaboration. We talk through results and share knowledge. At DISCO, you’ll enjoy the following benefits:
• Competitive salary in a fast-growing startup
• Regular compensation reviews
• Four weeks time off
• Computer and software setup
• Remote office allowance
• For US employees, health/vision/dental insurance
• Work how you want. We’re not heavy on rule books. Everyone is trusted to figure out the best way to work.
• Manage your own time, work remotely - we just ask that, if you’re based in a city where we have staff, you have regular face time with the team there, and have at least a few hours crossover with Australian business hours year round.
Diversity and inclusion are very important to us. We do not discriminate based on gender, ethnicity, sexual orientation, religion, civil or family status, age, disability, or race.
DISCO is the industry standard for managing, organising and sharing music and other media. We make music and media workflow fast, intuitive and simple, directly connecting people and their work to save time. Today we count UMG, Sony, Warner Music, Netflix, Amazon and Rockstar Games among our customers, and over 200,000 people interact with DISCO each month. Our customers are super passionate about our product.
We’re a distributed team, based in Australia, New Zealand, USA, UK, Poland, Russia and Spain.