About the job:
Higharc is growing its team to build a powerful interactive, web-based home design platform. This role will lead our DevOps team to ensure the Higharc system is delivered quickly, consistently, and with minimal toil.
The right candidate for this role prioritizes working software over perfection and wants to deliver code, get user feedback, and iterate. Be prepared to share live examples of applications you've built.
This is a fulltime role that can be held remotely in the continental United States or from our offices in Durham, NC, San Francisco, CA, or Atlanta, GA.
What you'll do:
- Help support and extend our Terraform, AWS, and CircleCI based integration system
- Make sure deployments match the requirements of the development team (including zero-downtime and branch deployments)
- Work with the rest of engineering team to maintain and add new features to this system
- Mentor junior engineers
You might be a good fit if you have:
- An inspiring GitHub profile or website that demonstrates killer graphics projects you've built
- Deep knowledge of AWS
- Enthusiasm for infrastructure as code style infrastructure management like Terraform or CloudFormation
- Experience deploying complex, high-uptime applications running in a datacenter
- Proactive communication skills adapted to a remote work environment
Higharc is a VC-backed startup that is changing how new homes are designed and built. We're a team who've shipped products for Google, Autodesk, Electronic Arts, Nike, and Apple. Higharc has been remote-first since our founding in 2018. We're focused on results, not hours spent working. Set your own hours so that you do your best work without missing out on life. Higharc offers competitive salaries with significant equity in a fast-growing, well-funded company. Personal healthiness is an important value for us - we provide comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage with unlimited PTO, and meaningful maternity/paternity leave. You'll also have access to other big-company benefits like short and long-term disability plans and a 401k. Haven't worked remotely before? We provide a stipend to help you create the ideal home-office.