Edquity is an anti-poverty technology company that helps colleges improve students' basic needs and financial security by increasing access to emergency resources and funding. To help students, including the 3 million who drop out every year due to a time-sensitive financial crisis, Edquity provides partner colleges with a mobile app and web platform that helps students overcome financial emergencies. With Edquity, students can apply for emergency cash grants, discover emergency resources, receive personalized financial management, and more.
In the wake of COVID-19, students need Edquity more than ever, and Edquity is quickly scaling to ensure it can support millions of students during this crisis.
Edquity has raised over $6.5MM in funding from some of the leading impact and postsecondary success investors and has also received support from foundations like the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation.
To help us grow to support hundreds of thousands of college students across the country, Edquity is seeking a full-time Customer Success Representative (known internally as a "Student Success Representative") to join the Student Success team. This position is a vital, student-facing role at Edquity, and is ultimately responsible for making college students using the Edquity product feel heard and cared for, and helping them access the tools and information they need to improve their financial security. This role will report into our Student Success Manager and work closely with our other Student Success Representatives. In addition to supporting students, this role will occasionally interact with practitioners at various Edquity college partners to ensure students are fully provided for and set up for success. After the initial onboarding period, this role will have a schedule of Sunday: 10A-6P EST, Monday-Thursday 1-9PM EST.
- Provide support to students, which includes real-time conversations via live chat and email
- Triage support tickets in a timely manner while effectively prioritizing customer needs and managing the escalation process with the appropriate internal departments
- Serve as an ambassador of the company while positively representing Edquity's values and mission, conveying sensitivity to a variety of basic needs insecurities students might be facing
- Become a product expert in order to effectively contribute to the ongoing creation and updating of product documentation, external-facing FAQs, and support materials
- Run relevant reports around student interaction with the Edquity product, including with regard to emergency aid application and funds received
- At least 2 years of experience in a technical customer service or customer support role
- An understanding of and passion for our product and the problems it works to solve for college students facing basic needs insecurities. As well as a high level of empathy and a positive attitude with a strong desire to help students
- A high level of attention to detail in order to provide technical troubleshooting and customer support using chat (via tools like Intercom or Zendesk), phone, email, and/or social media
- An ability to troubleshoot and problem solve customer issues effectively
- Experience handling multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment with the ability to embrace change and show good judgment
- Track record of professional and effective verbal and written communication with customers
- Flexibility with hours and willingness to potentially work weekends or the occasional holiday (remotely).
- Experience working in a start-up environment is preferred
- Fully Paid Health Insurance (Medical/Vision/Dental)
- Unlimited PTO
- 11 Paid Company Holidays
- Generous Parental Leave Benefits
- 401k matching
- Professional Development Stipend
- Potential for Equity
- And more!
Edquity provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.