Equip is a startup on a mission to transform eating disorder treatment through Family-Based Treatment at home to promise lasting recovery. Equip provides each patient with a five-person dedicated care team including a dietitian, physician, therapist, family mentor, and peer mentor who deliver wrap-around support to provide families healing.
We created Equip to increase access to evidence-based treatment for all people affected by eating disorders. In line with this mission, we are committed to partnering closely with insurance companies and ensuring our team, patients, treatment, and brand reflect the diversity of those affected by eating disorders.
About the role:
The VP of Clinical Operations will oversee clinical operations for Equip and provide strategic and operational leadership that supports and advances the mission of the organization. The position requires experience in both clinical and healthcare practice operations and in using technology and innovation to efficiently scale a healthcare services business.
The ideal candidate for this position is committed to developing and growing a team that delivers high-quality care more efficiently through digital health solutions than traditional practices. This individual will create operational frameworks, protocols, systems, and processes to make delivery of care scalable and rewarding for team members, patients and providers. In addition, they must have a track record of success in defining and meeting operational KPIs, experience managing an operationally complex, fast-growing business, and have a willingness to not only lead, but also to work directly beside our directors, managers, providers and entire Equip team.
- Develop organization-wide clinical and operational programs, policies, procedures, and initiatives, in collaboration with the COO & Chief Clinical Officer, to ensure delivery of high quality of care and high patient satisfaction
- Own full cycle patient pipeline and clinical capacity to enable equip to meet growth goals
- Scale a multidisciplinary, nationwide care team while maintaining the highest level of care quality and team cohesion
- Collaborate with the clinical management team to develop efficient and scalable clinical care protocols and standardized workflows
- Establish, monitor, and report on operational KPIs such as utilization, capacity, quality, and satisfaction and be responsible for workflows enabling provider productivity and efficiency
- Lead process improvement initiatives for the clinical team to optimize on quality and efficiency of care. Identify opportunities to streamline operations using technology, systems and tools, whether licensed or built in-house
- Primary stakeholder of operational needs identifying product enhancements that facilitate increased efficiency and quality of clinical workflows
- Ensure compliance with all legal and regulatory requirements as well as internal quality and external licensing, certification and accreditation standards as well as program-specific policies and procedures
- Build and cultivate productive and collaborative relationships with all departments within the organization to ensure delivery of a high-quality experience for patients and providers
- Keen sense of industry best practices, keeping Equip on the leading edge of regulatory, industry, and legal policies that impact our employees, patients, and/or services
- 10+ years progressive management experience in director or higher-level roles in clinical healthcare operations
- Bachelor's Degree required; MHA, MBA or other relevant Master's Degree preferred
- Strong clinical leadership skills to ensure trust and respect of clinical staff
- Strong collaboration and communication skills to ensure effective alignment amongst diverse teams
- Technology innovator who embraces systems, processes and tools to improve performance
- Self starter with exceptional organizational skills. Demonstrated drive to lead high performance teams
- Out-of-the-box thinker who likes to reinvent processes for optimal performance
- Strong strategic thinking, analytical and project management skills
- Effective at communicating complex topics written and verbally
Bonus if you have the following:
- MBA or equivalent preferred
- Passion for mental health and eating disorder treatment and expanding access to treatment through insurance
Equip prioritizes candidates with a passion for the mission. Additionally, we are intentionally building a diverse and inclusive workplace, and encourage underrepresented candidates to apply.
Equip is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.