Do you have a passion for helping others be more productive and collaborate better? Are you always the first one to try new products and figure better workflows? Do you love to educate and teach?
This opportunity might be just for you!
We're looking for someone who help our customers get the most value out of our tool - Marker.io. We're growing fast and our founders can't keep up with our growing number of leads and customers. That's why we need help. We want to work with someone who enjoys both talking with customers and creating useful content.
Basically someone that will help customers be successful using our tool, whatever it takes.
If that sounds exciting to you, read on!
We're a fast growing startup of 6 people working with over 1500 companies worldwide. Our HQ is based in Brussels, Belgium but we're pretty much a remote-first company.
We created Marker.io to help product teams and digital agencies collaborate better during web projects. As a matter of fact, we created Marker.io to address our own needs as a digital agency and today, we use Marker.io to build Marker.io 🤯
Our go-to-market strategy based on a low-touch sales funnel and a product-led growth model. In other words, we attract inbound leads to our website where they can start a free trial on their own. This mean you will work with leads that have already expressed some level of interests.
Your job will be to help new leads and existing customers be as successful as possible. Some people like to get a 1-on-1 demos while others like to figure out things on their own by watching our videos and reading our doc. For that, you will create useful content and also help customers directly via chat, identify good leads and conducting 1-on-1 demo and much more.
Basically, you will split your time between connecting with people and creating helpful content.
Connecting with people
- Conduct product demo via Zoom
- Reply to customer support questions
- Call inbound qualified leads that have requested a demo upon signing up
- Proactively identify high-potential leads that have struggled with onboarding & activation and reach out
- Conduct customer interviews with leads, customers and churned customers to gather product and onboarding insights
- Share customer insights with the product and marketing to help us grow
Creating helpful content
- Write educational tutorials and product guides like this one and this one.
- Record video tutorials like this one and this one.
- Create content for when we launch new features (blog post, video, helpdesk, ...)
- Maintain fresh and up to date content on our help center
- Setup and update email automation campaigns
As the a business developer, you will be accountable for 2 key metrics:
- Increase "free trial > paying customer" conversion rate
- Reduce customer churn
- You have worked in a digital agency / a product team / startup and understand how people work and collaborate there
- You are a PM, a Designer or a Developer looking to change carrer path and be closer to customers, or you've been a customer success / business developer at another startup before
- You enjoy helping others and take joy and seeing people being successful
- You're always the first one to try new products and figure better workflows
- You like to go the extra mile: eg: sending cakes to our best customer's office
- Nice to have: You have been an existing Marker.io customer and have enjoyed it as a user/customer.
- You're a native english speaker and communicate clearly and concisely
- You have a deep understanding of our audience: Project manager, Product owner, Designers, Developers and how they all work together.
- You are a “product geek” , meaning you like to figure out how to best use new products and teach other how they can best use it themselves
- You are technical enough to have a useful conversion with a developer about APIs, frameworks, libraries, etc...
- You can demonstrate that you have a "get stuff done" mentality. You must be able to point to content you've created in the past.
- Compensation: Compensation for this role is €50,000 annually. Our compensation packages are based on market research and are equitable to other roles within Marker.io.
- Remote work. Remote work is permitted and if you decide to work remotely, you must be located in Europe or have a maximum of 6 hours difference with Brussels, Belgium (eg: US east coast).
- Employee or contractor: At this time we are only able to provide official employment status to those located in the Belgium. All other candidates join our team as a full-time independent contractor and are responsible for paying any taxes or fees where they reside. Contractors are treated just as any team member.
- Technology: Get a new MacBook Pro laptop with all necessary accessories (e.g.: second screen monitor, mouse, keyboard, laptop stand, adaptors,…). Basically anything you need to work in an environment you like.
- Home office budget: Whatever you need to create a productive and joyful work environment at home, we'll cover the expenses.
- Flexible working hours: As long as you are able to collaborate with your team effectively, get your work done and display the right attitude, it doesn't really matter when you start and finish your day.
- Flexible holidays: Beyond your legal number of days off and public holidays, we trust you to take a few more paid extra off days if you feel it's important for your well-being.
- Learning & personal development budget: Get a yearly budget for paid conferences, trainings, online courses and books.
- Company retreats and activities: We regularly organize company dinners and activities to spend time together in a different and fun environment. Once a year, we also do a 10-days retreat all together.
- Great office or co-working space: We work in the heart of Brussels city in a great office with tons of space. Bars, cafes, and restaurants are only minutes away by foot. Access by tram, metro, train and bus is super easy. If you decide to work remotely, we will cover your co-working expenses.
You will work closely with the rest of our team of 6 people with various background