This position will support Caribou Data, which offers a new way of seeing the nuance and complexity of how people engage with digital products and services in day-to-day life. Our data enables our clients to better understand how the consumers they care about get online, communicate, use apps, consume content, make financial transactions, and more. We believe data analytics can be done in an ethical manner that doesn't exploit or expose users. Our business is built on a commitment to individual privacy, transparency in how we handle data, and fairness in how we compensate our panelists. For more, see cariboudata.com.
Data Scientist Role
Caribou Digital is looking for a data analyst with experience in data science, statistics and business intelligence to join the Caribou Data team. You will be responsible for extracting value and actionable insights from the data generated by Caribou Data research panels, and you should be comfortable communicating and visualising your findings in ways that are clear, concise and well presented, suitable for client delivery.
Day-to-day, you can expect to:
- Manage, interrogate and extract data from both internal panels and external sources to generate standard and customized client analyses, and present these analyses using a variety of visualisation tools, including Tableau, Python/R, etc
- Write robust, clear and reusable analytical routines in Python or R, using appropriate statistical techniques for measurement, sampling and weighting
- Build and maintain predictive models for key inputs
- Work with the research director to present findings to clients
- Work with the technical lead to assess the effectiveness of data sources and data-gathering techniques and improve data collection methods
This position will begin as a short-term contract, with potential for long-term contract engagement. Specific terms are flexible for the right candidate. English language fluency is required. This position is permanently remote.