Soracom was founded in 2014 by AWS veterans with a clear vision to build a more connected world. Today, Soracom serves over 15,000 customers and connects over two million devices worldwide, delivering connectivity for the Internet of Things (IoT) powered by the speed and scale of the cloud. Headquartered in Tokyo with additional offices in the US and UK, Soracom is now building out a global team to continue the company's rapid growth.
Soracom is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we take pride in the diversity of our employees, valuing the special experience and expertise that people from different backgrounds bring to our business. The ability to develop ground-breaking technologies is one of our key assets and our people make it happen. Come and join Soracom to create the transformative technology that enables our customers to engineer a better world.
About the Role
We are looking for a skilled HR Manager who will recruit, support and develop talent through developing policies and managing procedures. You will be responsible for administrative tasks and you’ll contribute to making the company a better place to work. If you are passionate about HR People & Talent Management and highly efficient at it, please give us a chance to meet you.
We expect you to have knowledge of various HR functions, experience in People & Talent Management. We want to see a committed and approachable individual and be impressed with your character and skills. The goal will be to provide excellent assistance and support to employees and managers.
- Deep understand of company culture and leadership statement
- Improve and monitor overall HR strategies, systems and procedures
- Manage the recruitment and selection process
- Onboard new hires and improve the procedures
- Perform benchmark research on compensation and benefits in each region and roles
- Develop mentoring and coaching sessions for employees
- Organize individual and team training programs (both outsourced and in-house)
- Plan regular 1 on 1 and employee performance evaluations
- Conduct skills gap analyses to determine personnel needs
- Report to management and provide decision support through HR metrics
- Create organizational charts and define each position’s responsibilities
- Ensure legal compliance throughout human resource management
- Nurture a positive working environment
- People oriented and results driven, Strong ethics and reliability
- Excellent communicator, active listening, negotiation and presentation skills
- Over 6 years of proven work experience as a HR People & Talent Manager or similar role
- Experience in full-cycle recruiting, sourcing and employment branding
- In-depth knowledge of HR functions (Pay & Benefits, Recruitment, Training etc.), best practices, and labor law
- Demonstrable experience with Human Resources metrics
- Competence to build and effectively manage interpersonal relationships at all levels of the company
- Hands-on experience with Human Resources tools (e.g. Applicant Tracking Systems)
- Hands-on experience with Performance Management tools (e.g. Talent Management Systems)
- Japanese language proficiency
- Experience delivering employee training programs
- BSc/MSc in Human Resources Management, Organizational Psychology or relevant field
- Additional certification (e.g. CIPD or SPHR) is a plus
- Fully Remote (Fast Speed Internet Required)
- Flexible working hours