Energi (NRG) is a next-generation Proof of Stake (PoS) cryptocurrency, combining Ethereum-compatible smart contracts with on-chain governance, a self-funding treasury, and a layer 2 masternode network, enabling powerful DeFi applications.
We are a fully remote company with no fixed headquarters. The team is spread throughout the Americas, Europe, Africa, Asia, and Oceania. With more than 60 contributors, the team forms a well-linked network across a variety of locations, lifestyles, and backgrounds.
Energi's culture is driven by integrity, strategic thinking, leadership, and the shared desire to perform at our peak. While our differences make us adaptable and versatile, it's our shared values that give us the strength and drive to become the cryptocurrency for world consciousness.
What’s in It for You?
- Work flexible hours from anywhere on the planet and be part of a team that is driven by strong values and a clear shared vision
- Directly shape the future of a completely new model for cryptocurrency and blockchain applications
- Challenge your skills and push your creative limits working with the latest blockchain technologies & systems
- Play an active role in one of the most significant technological innovations in human history
- Receive a competitive salary paid in a combination of BTC and NRG
What we’re looking for:
We're looking for a mission-driven, in-house Legal Counsel to help us develop our legal strategy for a range of opportunities. They will oversee key projects and partnerships and serve as a legal partner to the rest of the team. The Legal Counsel's duties will span across product, compliance, intellectual property, commercial, and regulatory requirements.
To be an ideal candidate, you must have a thorough understanding of all relevant laws and regulations affecting the crypto space and experience guiding decision making for a cryptocurrency or blockchain organization. Team players with excellent advocacy and people skills, as well as experience operating in a high-growth climate, would be preferred.
What You Will Do
- Advising management and board on various matters such as legal rights, regulatory compliance, and new and existing laws.
- Managing the organization's legal matters.
- Maintaining knowledge of the organization’s operations and legal documents.
- Conducting legal research.
- Creating new entities and managing the organization's intellectual property.
- Research and work with foreign and domestic jurisdictions.
- Communicate with foreign and domestic professionals.
- Draft operating agreements, bylaws, stock certificates, shareholder agreements, and other corporate documents needed for new companies.
- Review corporate paperwork for existing companies to determine if amendments are needed.
- Effectively organize and maintain client files.
- Actively pursue legal action against users involved in fraud, theft, or other criminal activity.
- Minimum 5+ years job experience as an attorney in corporate and business law.
- Experience working in financial services and the ability to quickly learn the nuances of an emerging regulatory landscape.
- Self-driven with the ability to deliver results with minimal supervision.
- Consistent in meeting strict deadlines.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously with a high degree of professionalism and client orientation.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to effectively work with various types of clients.
- Fluent English communicator.
- Passionate and up-to-date on the rapidly changing world of blockchain technology.
Nice to have
- Experience working for a cryptocurrency or other blockchain-based organization.
- Any other additional language skills.
- Prior remote work experience.
This role is not open to 3rd party organizations or agencies. Any candidates sent will be considered free of any charges
Energi is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics.