SafeGraph is building a fresh new experience for a new initiative. In this role, you will build and lead a team of elite engineers to build a brand new consumer-facing experience and the innovative data system at a fast growing, early-stage startup. You'll work extensively with marketing, growth, and our web designer to build out user experience and own an entire product area.
We are looking for an Engineering Manager who moves fast and thrives in a fast paced startup environment. This is a some tech-lead, mostly team manager role - you will work day-to-day partly hands-on building software and providing technical guidance, and at the same time, managing a small team of engineers. The ideal candidate will be already executing in this capacity and looking for the next step in their career.
- Create and support a brand new web product with personalized and optimal native experience
- Forge an innovative end-to-end real-time data system to support the web experience
- Build and grow a new full-stack team. This team includes Frontend, Full-stack, Backend and API engineers and is part of an agile cross-functional team.
- Minimum 6+ years of full-stack engineering work experience, building production-quality customer-facing responsive web applications.
- 2+ years team building and engineering management experience in a distributed/remote team setting, significant experience in coaching and mentoring engineers, defining technical roadmap and OKRs to align with broader product and business objectives.
- Excellent communication skills. Champion of user experience. Strong record of delivering complex projects at scale at a very fast pace.
- You're autonomous, work well remotely, and a world-class communicator.
- Extra bonus points: Deep understanding of User-Centered Design Principles and B2B e-Commerce mechanics.
- You care deeply about the user experience, always cross the last mile to delight.
- You are obsessively driven by data and experiment effectively.
- You have built a web product from end to end, from first lines of code to launch.
- Experience with AWS.
- Experience with open source development.
- Our goal is to be the dominant place to get any data on a physical Place. We sell our product - our datasets - to data scientists and machine learning engineers at companies of all sizes.
- At SafeGraph, we’ve taken a measured approach to build a long term company. We were profitable in 2019, have hired experienced leadership from the start and care deeply about democratizing access to data to everyone.
- We currently have about 80 employees and are growing quickly. We recently raised a $45 million Series B ($65 million raised to date), and the CEO was previously the founder and CEO of LiveRamp (NYSE:RAMP).
- While SafeGraph was started in San Francisco, we've been fully distributed across North America since 2019, and currently have small offices (in non-pandemic times) in SF, NYC & Denver. We get the entire company together in the same place as often as possible, and cannot wait to do this again soon!
- We offer our employees a robust set of benefits, including health, dental & vision insurance coverage, a 401k, work-from-home stipend, mental health benefits, and much more.
- SafeGraph: about us, visions and values
- Open Information to Power Innovation
- Where Should Machines go to Learn
- Why Data Standards Matter