At Pixels we like to build complex Websites, Online Stores and Web Applications. We use WordPress for our Website and Online Stores and our Web Applications are usually React or Node based. We have a number of Headless WordPress projects using a Next.js based frontend, and we are working to move towards this direction with Website projects (and eventually Online Stores) in the future. Our projects often involve integrations which tend to be PHP based.
We are looking for a Senior Developer to join our team to create outstanding digital user experiences for our clients and our own internal projects. The Developer's responsibilities include programming, reviewing colleagues' work, contributing to the continual development of our internal tools and processes, and supporting the design team with technical advice.
Our developers usually work on projects in pairs, so you've always got someone to bounce ideas off. They have weekly dev talks to share and learn from each other and we encourage everyone to suggest and contribute to improvements in how we work. We believe high-quality, beautiful code is just as important as a beautiful design.
A successful Senior Developer is able to consistently produce high quality work, provide supported feedback to their colleagues, help develop the tools and systems we use, help develop the development team, be communicative with the rest of the team, be skilled in problem solving and logic, and be a fun part of the Pixels team.
Salary range: 3787 – 4290 € / month
The position can be remote only, but you'll need to be living in Finland and able to commute to our office in Helsinki every now and then for meetings and team events (once covid19 clears).
- Programming our client and internal projects
- Working together on projects with other developers
- Reviewing colleagues' code and providing feedback
- Contributing significantly to the improvement of our internal tools
- Contributing significantly to the improvement of our development processes
- Planning the development portion of projects with the project manager
- Overseeing the technical part of project specifications
- Overseeing technical documentation for projects
- Completing tasks on time and according to specifications
- Contributing to the team's skill development through support, training and information sharing
- Acting as a mentor to less experienced developers
Skills, knowledge and experience
Don't worry, you don't need to tick every box below!
- 4+ years of experience in web development.
- Worked on and completed multiple projects.
- Experience working with other developers
- Can work independently.
- Technologies: WordPress, React, Next.js, Express
- Methodologies: Object-oriented programming (for PHP), unit testing (Jest, PHPUnit etc)
- Version control with Git
- Dependency management with yarn & composer
The following skills and knowledge are not necessary but are a bonus
- Database knowledge (SQL)
- Other programming languages (doesnt matter which. Gives perspective)
- Devops knowledge (pipelines, deployments, github actions etc)
Here are some of the things you'll get to enjoy:
- The possibility to join in as a partner and shareholder
- The freedom to shape and develop your own role
- A relaxing office space in Kamppi
- A super friendly environment and colleagues who will grow to be your extended family (it's true!)
- A training fund which allows you to keep learning and participate in events & seminars
- Flexible work times and remote working
- Healthcare through Heltti
- Smartum culture & exercise benefits
- Company lunches, trips and team-building events on a regular basis
Pixels is a design-focused web development studio based in Helsinki. Our clients range from boutique businesses through to large multinational companies, who believe in the impact that well designed and built digital services and experiences can have on their business.
Our multinational team has a mixture of cultures and backgrounds, which has generated an uniquely warm atmosphere. We're outgoing, outspoken, sarcastic, honest and always eager to keep learning and we hope that you are too. We work as a tight-knit group and always rely on and learn from one another, so you're never going to be stuck alone with a challenge or a project.
Pixels employs 10 people and had a turnover of around 600 000€ for 2020. The company is fully owned and operated by its founders and employees.