We're looking for a talented and passionate React developer to join our team. We're an agile and fast-paced team with complimenting skill-sets and our products have so far reached people in over 128 countries with three million users. We iterate and launch fast, build beautiful web apps with solid technical foundations, and work hard with an insatiable hunger for success. Every day, we walk in to unravel complex problems and end the day delightfully. Despite the rapid pace, we have a friendly and relaxed work environment.
What would you be doing at Commutatus?
- Work in a team of 2 to 6 people
- Coordinate closely with designers and product managers
- Create neat, pleasing and powerful products for both small and enterprise projects
- Be eager to explore new projects every 8-12 weeks - an opportunity for you to build fresh and different apps instead of developing an existing product
- Own the direction of the app you're building, engage with emerging technologies and power up your skills.
- Develop user interfaces using React best practices
- Make technical and product-related decisions for React based projects
- Review code pushed out by team members
- Be at the forefront of tech - exploring new tech and frameworks, ensuring that the products built are at the cutting edge of technology.
We follow various management and technical practices to ensure that our team enjoys working while delivering the best to our partners -
- Grooming Meetings - We evaluate our workload for the sprint with designers, product managers, and developers together to ensure we deliver on the sprint without having to work overtime or compromise on quality.
- Feature Presentations - Development teams sit along with our product managers and designers to evaluate work in progress features and also the team gets a chance to weigh in on how best we can deliver on the sprint. Performance and experience inputs are also discussed here.
- Mid-sprint Checkpoint - We have a checkpoint on how the sprint is spearheading operationally, check for any delays to communicate and if we can accommodate additional tasks.
- Open Source/Learning - We enjoy contributing to open source or learning new tools of the trade to enhance our skills.
- Retro Meetings - We evaluate our sprint process - how the sprint went in a start, stop, continue format with the objective of looking into how we can further improve our processes to deliver great experiences for our developers and our partners!
- Standups - All teams have daily standups to keep in sync and also find out who needs helps and who can.
- Code Review- We take code/design review very seriously at Commutatus with a focus on improving the current codebase with every single commit.
What do you need to work at Commutatus?
We focus on raw talent and aren't too concerned about work or education history, but we would like to review some code you've written and your previous work.
Technical Skills we're looking for:
- HTML/CSS Mastery
- Ability to problem-solve, track, and follow up on a variety of complex technical issues with internal and external stakeholders
Experiences that we look for in candidates:
- Minimum 2 years of experience in frontend development
- Advanced knowledge of React (minimum of 1 year)
- Excellent understanding of OOP concepts
- Must have experience in interfacing with REST/GraphQL APIs
- Must have experience in building large scale frontends using frameworks such as React, Angular, Vue
- Must have experience working in agile projects
- Leadership qualities, we'd like you to have great technical leadership skills to ensure that only the best code is being shipped out and all our platforms perform exceptionally!
- Backend understanding
- Experience working in a digital agency before
- Experience working in a remote role
- Experience interfacing with clients
In light of the Covid-19 situation, we've made a recent shift from a Chennai based company to a fully remote one. This is a full-time, fully remote role. Ideally, you are located in India, but we are open to other countries on a case by case basis.
Salary Range: INR 6,00,000 to 9,30,000 per annum