PrizePool's mission is to incentivize Americans to build a better financial foundation. More than half of Americans do not have the savings to cover an emergency expense of $1000, living paycheck to paycheck with no reserve for ‘what if.' However, a majority of Americans spend cash on the lottery every week in the hope of a big win. People in the United States spent more than $91 billion on lottery tickets in 2019. PrizePool gives customers a new, fun place to save — one where their money is their chance to win real cash prizes guaranteed to total $50,000 every month. Based on a model of prize-linked savings, PrizePool feeds the desire that people have ‘to play and win' but does so as they save, at no cost or risk to customers. Come join us as we innovate on how to help Americans build a more solid financial foundation.
Someone excited to work in a high growth opportunity with a seasoned team (ex-Facebook, Apple, Amazon, Google, Airbnb). You enjoy working in a tight feedback loop with product and server engineers to build software. You stay informed on industry best practices for Android development. You seek feedback to continuously improve PrizePool. Ultimately, you will own the mobile experience for Android and lead others toward your vision.
- Design, build, and maintain PrizePool's Android app in Kotlin
- Lead the technical vision for mobile at PrizePool and excite others about it
- Collaborate closely with product and server engineers to ship new features
- Deliver a high quality mobile experience with a focus on reliability, performance, and scale
- Build out our test infrastructure and automate releases
- You have a strong technical background
- Have shipped multiple production apps
- You enjoy working at all levels — from networking to user interfaces and the layers in-between
- You are organized and have excellent written and verbal communication
- You are opinionated on best practices for client architecture
- Health benefits
- Flexible time off