We are on a mission to make science open so everyone can live healthy lives on a healthy planet.
Who we are
Frontiers is an award-winning open science platform and leading open access scholarly publisher.
We are one of the largest and most cited publishers globally. To date, our 200,000 freely available research articles have received more than one billion views and downloads and two million citations.
Our journals span science, health, humanities and social sciences, engineering, and sustainability. And we continue to expand into new academic disciplines so more researchers can publish open access.
Be part of the publishing revolution and help us transform the way research is published, evaluated, and communicated to the world.
We are looking for an experienced leader at director-level for our Analytics, Insights and Business Intelligence department, who focuses on bringing actionable data insights to the strategic level. We have ambitious plans for the company, and this is a unique opportunity for a candidate who is passionate about driving business growth by bringing data to life and communicating insights in a clear and impactful way.
Reporting to the Chief Publishing Officer and working closely with other senior and C-level executives, you will oversee an expanding department, which delivers in a fast-paced environment intelligence to impact decision-making.
Our office is in London, however remote working options are available for candidates across the UK.
- Lead the growing Analytics, Insights and Business Intelligence department currently with 4 direct reports and 16 team members.
- Provide guidance to executive, senior and functional leaders on performance and operational metrics and KPIs, through accurate and compelling reporting and analytics of user and business data.
- Independently query and analyze data from multiple internal and external data sources, including collecting market data and conducting relevant competitive intelligence research, and create useful summaries and visualization.
- Answer business questions and address strategic as well as operational issues with data-driven insights and recommendations including designing testable hypotheses and experiments.
- Liaise closely with key internal stakeholders to respond in a pro-active, detail-oriented manner to their data needs and inspire action through clear and impactful communication.
- Advise as the principal internal data client on data governance, data quality assurance, accessibility, and availability, closely collaborating with the Technology teams.
- Spearhead new interpretive concepts, data sources and analytical techniques as well as safeguard documentation and workflows.
- Experienced leader in the publishing or closely related industry with a proven track record in using data intelligence to drive business growth.
- Deep understanding of data reporting, visualization, modeling, and analytics with a background in bibliometrics or related quantitative field.
- Experience with primary research data management and reporting
- Hands-on people management experience with demonstrable results in team performance and professional development of managers.
- Expert proficiency in tools to retrieve, manipulate, visualize, and analyze business and market data, including SQL, Excel, Tableau, Salesforce, Python etc.
- Practical experience in data stewardship, governance, and quality control.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills with the ability to engage with stakeholders in a fast-paced, iterative manner presenting data insights with simplicity and clarity.
With over 50 nationalities across seven locations around the world, we are certainly a diverse company. You will have the opportunity to work with teammates in other offices, as well as with researchers, editors, and authors from across the globe.
- 25 annual leave days
- Participation in the annual company bonus scheme
- Access to the latest equipment
- Extensive learning opportunities through our LinkedIn Learning partnership
- Flexible working framework and remote working opportunities across the UK.
You should include:
- A cover letter and CV
- The indication of your earliest availability