Who are we?
SmartAction exists to advance the AI movement, bridging the gap between what is, and what can be. We are a fully remote company of ~70 people who provides AI-powered virtual agents as software solutions for organizations across several industries, like retail, hospitality, roadside assistance, healthcare, utilities and more. We are headquartered in Dallas/Fort-Worth, TX and have an office in El Segundo, CA.
Our company is going through an exciting transformation to build a SaaS platform, which will allow us to better leverage best of breed technologies and implement and maintain our customer solutions in a more efficient, scalable and sustainable way. This is an excellent career opportunity for a professional with an impressive architectural design background, entrepreneurial mindset and good interpersonal skills.
The ideal candidate will leverage a broad base of consultative B2B sales experience in the SaaS industry to effectively handle the sales process. Experience in virtual agent or conversational AI technologies is a big plus but not required. You should have experience with B2B enterprise sales that includes discovery, solution development, ROI analysis, and creative problem solving to position us for success. As a Sales Account Executive, you will need to thrive in a small, fast-paced environment, demonstrating a high degree of initiative, passion for technology, creative problem solving, and entrepreneurial drive.
More Specifically, the Account Executive will:
- Generate, develop, and close new sales opportunities from inbound marketing leads, partner relationships, and prospecting.
- Proficient in Salesforce.com, ZoomInfo and tools like Outreach.
- Understand complex customer requirements on both a business and technical level.
- Provide presentations on SmartAction solutions designed to solve specific customer business problems.
- Develop effective strategies for winning in a competitive environment.
- Proficient in identifying and prospecting key decision makers and influencers that fit target demographics with compelling and personalized messaging across email, social, and phone.
- Collaborate with the rest of the executive team to steer marketing and product development.
The ideal candidate will possess a record of accomplishment with proven business orientation. In addition, the ideal candidate will have:
- At least 5 years' experience selling B2B SaaS / Tech.
- Past experience in a high-growth or startup company preferred
- Strong business presence on the phone, video conferencing and in-person.
- Ability to cultivate new business and identify effective uses of the product within a prospect's business model.
- Demonstrated strong performance in prior quota driven roles with outstanding execution and problem solving skills, resourcefulness, and creativity.
- Ability to quickly learn the product and solution and begin building a pipeline.
- Excellent grasp of customer business issues such as, ROI, IT resource constraints, and customer satisfaction.
- Experience and enthusiasm to use new marketing and sales technologies to engage prospects.
- A solutions oriented, flexible self-starter who desires to work in a young, rapidly growing, dynamic company – an entrepreneurial mindset.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, both written and verbal.
- Passion, persistence, integrity and ambition to succeed in sales.
- Ability to cultivate and build trust with customers.
Other Personal Characteristics
- A grinding mentality with the ability to find new angles in the sales process
- Coachable, the ability to take feedback and apply as you move forward
- Intelligent, bright, conceptual thinker and a quick learner with the ability to develop new and innovative solutions to complex problems
- A leader as well as a team player who takes responsibility for results
- Ability to positively influence others to achieve goals
- Constructive positive attitude; mature and self-confident; a team player
- Outstanding reputation of professional integrity
The candidate must be eligible to work in the US. We do not provide sponsorship for employment visas.
Are you the person we are looking for?
SmartAction is looking for people to join our culture who exemplify Grit, are Unconventional, can be Audacious, and have Curiosity. If you are a driven, experienced sales account executive who represents these core values and is not afraid to roll up their sleeves and take initiative, you might be the person we are looking for. We are happy to provide a competitive benefit package to our full-time employees, including unlimited PTO, Health, Vision and Dental insurance, 401K, generous paid holidays, stock options, employee recognition awards, active (remote) social events, casual work environment, flexible working arraignments and more.