Who We Are
Persado is a high-growth, category-leading AI platform that helps data-driven executives – including CMOs, CXOs, CDOs, CFOs, and P&L owners – unlock a new lever of value creation by ensuring the right words are used at every customer interaction. Persado delivers hundreds of millions in incremental value to some of the biggest companies in banking, insurance, retail, telecom, healthcare and more. The Persado platform uses natural language generation, machine learning, and experimental design – powered by the world’s largest language knowledgebase of millions of tagged and scored words and phrases – to deliver a 41% average lift in conversion across customer engagement channels.
Words matter. As organizations become more obsessed with personalization, Persado has proven that being able to deliver the right message is a core functional need for every company in the world – making the choice of words a multibillion-dollar blind spot across the enterprise. Persado is the only company with the technology and expertise to illuminate that blind spot in the enterprise customer experience and personalization stack.
As an employer, Persado is committed to creating a place where everyone’s unique perspective is valued and where people can do their best work. We understand that our team members and our inclusive culture are what make Persado special and are the key ingredients to our continued growth. We believe in and live by our company vision and values. We invest time and resources in people-centric programs. We work hard as a team to innovate, deliver great value to our customers and partners and create a positive, productive place to work every day. And the impact shows in our above-benchmark employee engagement. We’re also proud to be named to Fast Company’s World’s Most Innovative Companies list in 2020 and Built In’s Best Places To Work in 2021.
What We Are Looking For:
Persado partners with senior level executives in data rich verticals to transform the way they engage their customers and prospects across the customer journey and across channels. We focus the relationship on unlocking and delivering incremental impact and high ROI.
As a Strategic Account Manager, in the Northeast region (NY, NJ, Philly, Boston, OH, MI) you will be responsible for developing new client relationships -- from prospecting to closing deals, including customer upsell and cross sell. You will be expected to identify new potential clients, building new relationships, understanding the goals and ways that your clients operate their marketing and customer experience efforts, defining clear client value and financial impact, selling the vision of scaling with Persado, scoping effective proposals that will set the client and Persado up for success, and negotiating commercial contracts. You will have successful experience working with and influencing senior leadership in Fortune 100 and Fortune 500 companies.
What We Want You To Do:
You will focus on a set of named target accounts within several different verticals. You will establish initial relationships and credibility with new clients to help them understand Persado’s place in the ecosystem and how we materially contribute to achieving their business goals/objectives.
- Work with our CRO and VP of Strategic Accounts to develop and refine a target list of prospects and prioritize opportunities
- Identify key stakeholders at target clients by leveraging BDRs and your own research of these accounts
- Work with BDRs and personal research to identify client needs and priorities, and other contextually relevant background that will help guide and shape discussions with prospects
- Work with Persado leadership, Industry contacts, and the Persado network to try and gain warm intros into as many key contacts as possible, develop effective outreach to drive response from cold outreaches otherwise
- Negotiate partnership commercials with business, procurement, legal and ensure timely execution
- Ensure the foundation for long-term strategic partnerships focused on driving significant value and return on investment for our clients
- Exceed quarterly/annual targets and build successful transition plans into the customer success organization
What We Want To See:
- 6+ years experience consultatively selling into senior stakeholders focused on value, including senior marketing and customer experience leaders.
- A basic understanding of how value is created across marketing and customer experience channels
- Demonstrated success in meeting and exceeding a sales quota
- Expertise in some of the following verticals - retail/eCommerce, banking, insurance, telco, travel, media/digital services.
- 6+ years in a business development / sales role
- 10+ years total professional experience that contributed to commercial understanding and/or consulting/sales experience help understand the context of how digital marketing and customer engagement works in direct/digital/CRM/paid media channels
- Understanding of complex customer industries, their needs, critical metrics and challenges
- MBA or advanced degree ideal, but not required
Who You Are:
- Eager, hungry, enthusiastic, driven by success and both personal and team level achievements
- Professional with high integrity ethics and values
- Flourishes with finding solutions to problems
- Collaborative teammate that understands that what is good for all is good for you
- Ability to manage a demanding workload and shift gears quickly and efficiently
- Dependable and reliable with clear thinking and attention to detail
- Prefers working in a dynamic, creative environment, whose passion and pride is evident in your work
What We Offer:
Achieve your life goals and work goals at Persado.
- Competitive salary and equitable compensation - We’re committed to equal pay with regular market rate salary adjustments
- Generous Benefits Package globally
- Company Equity
- 401k to prepare for your future
- Paid holidays and flexible paid-time-off
- Persado Cares! 2 paid Volunteer days per year and charitable giving matching
- Structured onboarding; continuous Learning & Development tied to a personalized career path
- All the gear you need to work smart
- Diversity and inclusion initiatives: Persado is committed to fostering, cultivating and preserving a culture of diversity and inclusion. We continue to hire without regard to race, ancestry, place or origin, color, ethnic origin, citizenship, creed, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, same-sex partnership status, family status, or disability.
Valuing diversity at Persado means recognizing and respecting human differences and similarities. Persado is committed to diversity with respect to all aspects of employment. All decisions regarding recruitment, hiring, promotion, compensation, employee training and development, and all other terms and conditions of employment, will be made without regard to race, religious beliefs, color, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, physical and mental disability, age, ancestry or place of origin.
Classification : Public