Director, Account Management Job Description
This is a full-time position. You must be located in the continental US. No contractors or agencies.
About This Role
Even though this is a Director of Account Management role, we are looking for a strong Product Leader to add value to our currently sales-focused Account Management team. Very does not have a typical Sales or Account Management team. We hire people who are ready to graduate from the scaled SaaS world of playbooks, talk tracks, and growth at all costs to a profitable tech company. Our sales team balances competing priorities, works with a curated and a select list of customers, and grows sustainably. We think critically about each customer and tailor our approach to their success. If this sounds like something you would be interested in, read on...
As our Director of Account Management, you will:Build and direct the strategy of the Account Management team with the goal of making this team excellent at:
Execution: Product success and ROI for the customer (not just launching a product)
Relationship Management: Building customer alliances
Sales: Continuation and expansion of customer business relationship
Manage the Account Management team
Be responsible for all revenue post-sales
We’re looking for someone who is ready to take an existing Account Management team and level them up into one that is world-class at execution, relationship management, and sales, in that order. An ideal candidate will have experience managing people and significant experience in product management.
Here’s some of the qualifications that we’d look for:
* 3-5 years of managing a team (including hiring, firing, and compensation negotiation)
* 5-7 years of product management experience
* “Customer success” mindset
* Successful track record of launching products to market in an Agile process
* Desire to learn sales and work within a sales environment
If you’re a strong product leader who wants to instill a product mentality on an eager sales team, read on...
What You’ll Be Working On
Very is first and foremost a software consultancy. We tackle hard problems for clients who need a targeted, senior team to come in and provide specific solutions. Our customer base is expanding into the IoT space, and we are gaining traction here due to our ability to develop hardware and software rapidly in parallel. Our projects in this domain have ranged from data acquisition and alerting for industrial power systems to automated self-pour beer taps.
As our Director of Account Management, your role will include:
* Managing the Account Management/Customer Success team
* Building a product-focused group of Account Managers who can act as strategic advisors to our customers on their product roadmap and strategy* Being a key strategic advisor to customers
* Hitting monthly expansion and renewal targets
* Guiding the success of “Technical Design Sprints” for the close into a larger sale
* Finding new opportunities within clients’ organizations, parent companies, subsidiaries, and partners
* Finding referrals from client stakeholders, CTOs or executives
* Getting introductions to partner companies, SaaS platforms integrated with project, other agencies connected to the project
* Understanding client needs and solutions by working with Delivery Team & Product Managers
How You’ll Be Compensated
We believe in a transparent, fair compensation structure and have developed our own open salary formula. You can expect your On Target Earnings to be around $160,000 when joining the company.
We also offer world class perks including:
* A generous maternity/paternity leave policy
* Fantastic healthcare coverage ($0 out of pocket for most employee premiums)
* Very-high 401K match (33% match of every dollar you put in 401k vs 6% industry average)
* Numerous other employee benefits including reimbursement for home office equipment
We have a strong compensation and benefits package, with opportunities for salary and professional growth as you hit and exceed goals.
Very has been a remote company since before it became normal — 2011, to be exact. We’ve built a collaborative, tight-knit team that thrives, whether we’re hanging out in person at our annual retreat or coordinating work across time zones. The results show that we’re doing something right. In 2020, we were named one of Inc’s Best Workplaces, Parity.org's Best Companies for Women to Advance List, and Fatherly’s Best Places to Work for Dads.
Clients like Vizio, Clear, iHeart Radio, Complex Media, Shopkeep, and more come to us for answers to their thorniest questions. We bring them a world-class product team that delivers end-to-end IoT solutions.