Fullstack Academy is a top-ranked immersive school for web development and cybersecurity training based in New York City. Fullstack offers comprehensive in-person and remote training opportunities across the U.S. and prepares students with the in-demand skills they need to launch fulfilling tech careers.
"Fullstack Academy has been a life-changing experience" is something we hear often and the reason why we come to work everyday. To help us share Fullstack’s success with the world and find the best bootcamp students, we’re looking for a Part-Time DevOps Instructor to help transform the lives of our students, and through them, their communities and economies.
ABOUT THE ROLE
As a DevOps on AWS Instructor, you'll lead instruction (delivered remotely) for one of our top-tier University Partners, located in either the eastern in the timezone of the University Partner (EST or CST, depending on the University). You will scale your impact as a devops professional by training the next generation of DevOps engineers. You’ll lead lectures and support students through exercises designed to embed key devops concepts. You’ll facilitate a dynamic and collaborative classroom community, guiding students through challenging labs and the development of stellar projects, getting them ready to step immediately into DevOps jobs after graduating. You’ll collaborate with our dedicated support and administrative staff to ensure an exceptional experience for each student in our program.
This is a part-time role that will report to our DevOps Academics Team. Classes will be delivered 100% online. The part-time hours are as follows:
- A cohort runs for 26 weeks of instruction, with an average of 12-15 hours per week
- 2 weeknight sessions per week, from 6:30pm to 9:30pm (EST or CST, depending on the University)
- 1 weekend sessions per week, from 9:00am to 1:00pm (EST or CST, depending on the University) (may be Saturday or Sunday)
In this role, you will
- Complete a paid 10 week instructor training period, where you’ll spend 15 hours per week working through the courseware and labs that you’ll be teaching (which is provided by AWS Academy) and working through the Fullstack Academy Instructor Onboarding training program. Once you complete the training program, you’ll be ready to start teaching.
- As a Fullstack DevOps on AWS instructor, you will:
- Lead instruction on devops topics, activity-based learning workshops, labs and large team competition activities
- Work with students 1-on-1, in pairs and in groups to support their learning and growth in the program
- Create a positive, professional and inclusive learning environment and culture for our students
- Facilitate a dynamic and collaborative classroom community, guiding students through challenging labs and the development of stellar projects
You are a great candidate if you have:
- 2+ years of DevOps work experience
- 2+ years of experience working on AWS
- Experience teaching or mentoring: Working at a bootcamp, TA’ing in college, creating educational content via YouTube, mentoring junior developers, volunteering to teach, or prior experience as a teacher are all great experience
- A passion for devops and for helping others
- Exceptional and engaging presentation skills - particularly when it comes to complex technical information
- A desire to work in a fast-moving, high-profile startup environment with a high degree of ownership and independence
- A desire to help grow the careers of a diverse new generation of devops engineers
- The ability and stability to consistently meet a 26-week commitment to our students
You are an exceptional candidate for this role if you also:
- Are an AWS Academy Accredited Educator for at least one AWS Academy course, especially:
- AWS Certified Solutions Architect - Associate
- AWS Certified Developer - Associate
- AWS Certified SysOps Administrator - Associate
- Have 1 or more AWS certifications
- Have experience teaching in an immersive "bootcamp" type of environment or continuing education style classes