Who we are?
We are transforming chronic disease care with lifestyle solutions at Ellerca Health. We believe that meaningful healthcare interactions lead to better engagement and better outcomes.
Our mission is to deliver life-changing behavioural health solutions through leading technology, empathic expert care, and service innovation.
Our values permeate every aspect of how we work and who we work with:
· People come first – Deliver the best possible experiences to our health clients, our partners, and our talented providers.
· Accelerate real health change – Create accountability partnerships with clients to activate behaviour change and eliminate chronic health burdens.
· Good data drives great care – Enable our clinical experts with rich contextual health data in accessible intuitive formats.
· Provide personalized experience – Enhance client engagement with personal customization, individualized attention, and predictive analytics.
· Together is better – Provide the best imaginable combination of human care super-powered by technology.
· Make the difficult easy – Leverage small easy incremental changes towards major life health and quality of life improvements.
Be part of shaping out our company's culture. One that embodies respect, honesty, collaboration and innovation.
Do you believe it is possible to deliver a dramatically better healthcare experience? Join us!
About You: Do you enjoy helping people help themselves change for the better? If you are a health care provider that strives for genuine connections with your clients and colleagues, is excited about the future of digital health technology and looking to apply clinical expertise and behavioural insights to people with chronic disease-based distress, then we want to hear from you! We are currently looking for Social Workers to be a part of our team by counselling clients through our 360Care digital health platform. As this is a virtual role, you have the flexibility of working from home or any quiet location where you can maintain client confidentiality and have access to a reliable internet connection.
Specific skills required for this role include:
· Knowledge of the behavioural and psychosocial theories, practices and procedures in the management of disease-based distress associated with diabetes and other chronic conditions that respond to lifestyle modifications.
· Ability to determine appropriate therapeutic approaches that lead to disease acceptance, treatment acceptance, and readiness to act. Ability to adapt health coaching style to meet the client's needs.
· Assist in the development of helpful thinking styles and coping strategies that are specific to difficulties of having a chronic condition(s).
· Ability to formulate an understanding on how early experiences may have impacted an individual's health in adulthood in order to implement education and motivation to self-care.
· Using a client-centered approach that is flexible, adaptive, and solution-focused.
· Being able to simplify and communicate complex ideas to clients, their caregivers and team members.
· Provide referrals when necessary for additional care, evaluation, or treatment.
· Preference for working in a collaborative multidisciplinary team-setting, which includes other health care providers such as nurses and dietitians, as well as developers, marketers, designers, etc.
· Ability to evaluate the comparative effectiveness and efficiency of behavioral interventions.
· Providing cross-training and mentorship to team members on best practices for assisting clients on the psychological adjustment to diabetes and other chronic diseases.
Support identification and adoption of psychometric screening tools and questionnaires that can be used in routine clinical practice (ex. Diabetes Distress Scale) to flag people within the 360Care program who may need psychological support.
· Ability to maintain accurate and up-to-date documentation.
· Must be a Social Worker that is licensed to practice in either Ontario, Quebec, New Brunswick and/or Nova Scotia
· Training (and experience) in behavior change techniques
· Proof of liability insurance
· Fluency in French and/or English
· Experience working with people who have chronic conditions strongly desired
· Certified Diabetes Educator (CDE®) an asset but not required
· Flexible work schedule
· Work remotely
· Being able to work autonomously within a supportive team environment
· Competitive hourly rate
· Ability to develop new skills and impact multiple parts of the business
· Be part of shaping our company's future and join a team that values respect, honesty, collaboration, action and innovation
· The application process first starts with completing 3 work sample questions. We ask you to complete this step to test relevant skills for the role and remove unconscious bias that can result from viewing CV/resumes first.
· The work sample questions will need to be completed in one sitting as your answers may not be saved if you only complete part of it and come back at a later date.
· Applications will be evaluated on a rolling basis.
· Only those contacted will be asked to submit their resume and will be contacted to schedule an interview time.
· The interview will last approx. 1 hour and take place online.
This is an independent contractor position. All applicants applying for this position must be licensed to practice in either Ontario, Quebec, New Brunswick and/or Nova Scotia