As a Product Marketing Manager, Ecosystem at CircleCI, you play an important role in articulating the value of our ecosystem to a technical audience and help customers optimize their CircleCI experience. To be successful in this role, you will need to brush up on all things CI/CD and collaborate cross functionally to communicate CircleCI’s value to drive adoption and use of our core, platform extensibility, and ecosystem features. This position is perfect for someone who is looking to grow their career within a fast-growing start-up environment!
As part of the Marketing team, Product Marketing drives the development and execution of feature releases and go-to-market strategy, product positioning and value proposition development, buyer personas, customer insights, competitive analysis, and sales & field enablement content and programs. We work in cross-functional teams, love to talk to customers, use data and user research to drive our decision making, believe in delivering quickly, measuring our results, and constantly refining our approach. We prioritize work that delivers the most impact across customer-facing touchpoints and is measurable and achievable.
Product Marketing Mangers are masters of their product domain. By working with our delivery teams, you'll learn the ins-and-outs of our feature set and capabilities and become a technical advisor for key marketing initiatives. You'll drive go-to-market (GTM) activity for release efforts and test innovative techniques and channels for growing awareness and engagement. You'll also scope feature opportunities for our full-scale GTM efforts. We'll look to you to distill and communicate why our CI/CD capabilities are relevant and standout among competitors.
Work across teams:
- Partner with our enablement team to build, refine, and evolve our technical content and training programs for customer-facing teams.
- Partner with technical researchers to identify core principle differences, strengths, weaknesses, and opportunities across our competitive landscape.
- Drive feature advocacy engagements across our product and community/dev advocate teams.
- Collaborate with product, community engineers, and content teams to build compelling content/tools to drive feature awareness and customer success. Your work examples should include landing pages, battle cards, info sheets, integration guides, videos, FAQs, tutorials, etc.
Maintain feedback loops/success metrics:
- Evolve our target personas and develop positioning and messaging of upcoming features.
- Define measurable success. Own reporting and analysis for those success metrics.
- 3+ years work experience in product marketing, product management, engineering, sales enablement, developer advocacy/community, or marketing a technical product.
- Strong technical aptitude, fast learner with the ability to explain technical concepts to a non-technical audience.
- Experience in a B2B technology company (preferably in the DevOps space or related fields)
- Strong attention to detail and capacity to set priorities and work within timelines.
- Sharp writing skills, excellent storytelling and communication. Please be able to provide writing samples.
- Energized and motivated by our mission, technology, and vision.
- Work remotely in Pacific, Central, or Mountain time zones, or the San Francisco or Denver office; limited travel required.
- Familiarity with the software developer community and ecosystem
- Developer marketing experience a huge plus
- Software development experience or familiarity with CI/CD
- Graphic design and/or video production skills
CircleCI is the world’s largest shared continuous integration/continuous delivery (CI/CD) platform, and the hub where code moves from idea to delivery. As one of the most-used DevOps tools - processing more than 1 million builds a day - CircleCI has unique access to data on how engineering teams work, and how their code runs. Companies like Spotify, Coinbase, Stitch Fix, and BuzzFeed use us to improve engineering team productivity, release better products, and get to market faster.
Founded in 2011 and headquartered in downtown San Francisco with a global, remote workforce, CircleCI is venture-backed by IVP, Sapphire Ventures, Owl Rock, NextEquity Partners, Scale Venture Partners, Threshold Ventures, Baseline Ventures, Top Tier Capital Partners, Industry Ventures, Heavybit, and Harrison Metal Capital.
CircleCI is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.