Director of Product Management
Our Product team stays close to our customers, building the tools to deliver on our promise to make running their business easier. We make decisions fast, and priorities change as we adapt to the needs of our industry so we welcome folks that relish in the challenges of pace. We believe in quick iteration and in the moment feedback, so we can work collectively to build the best team and product.
In this role, you will
- Work with key business stakeholders, reporting into CTO, to help deeply understand the problems and solutions to our customers problems
- Become active in our customer centric research and discovery process working with internal stakeholders and key customers to understand how they use the product
- Lead a team of product managers in translating the strategy and roadmap into execution plans, while making the right trade-off decisions and communicating delivery timelines to the rest of the organization and hold accountability for it.
- Enthusiastic leader capable of leading and coaching the career development of a team of talented product managers.
- Be hands-on and own one or more workstreams working with engineering leads on sprint planning, daily standup meetings, retrospectives, resource allocation, and project management against roadmap execution.
- Build deep relationships with key stakeholders across multiple functions of the organization to help drive market success for the product and solutions.
- Create a transparent, collaborative and dynamic team culture, embracing CommentSold’s core values and serving as a model to the organization
If you’re right for this role, you have
- 10+ years of product management experience with 3+ years at a Director level (or equivalent) in SaaS companies. Experience with leading a team of product managers.
- Proven track record of driving product execution and solution discovery to desired outcomes for customers and the organization.
- Proven history of converting learnings from customer insights into tangible product features that customers love
- Ability to think and act strategically as well as the ability to roll-up your sleeves and be hands-on in the execution of product initiatives.
- Demonstrated ability in building excellent relationships with stakeholders across multiple functions including sales, marketing, engineering and customer success.
- Entrepreneurial instincts with clear bias for informed action and track record of leading new initiatives with limited resources and support
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills with ability to use data and metrics for making assumptions and decisions
- Strong leadership and communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively across technical and non-technical stakeholders
- A strong bias for action, a sense of urgency in getting things done and the ability to translate uncertainty and ambiguity into clear, crisp actionable plans.
- A passion for mentoring members of your team, and a genuine interest in their success.
We’re building a fam, our chosen circle, around a set of values that guide how we work and interact with the world around us. Our cultural norms at work can’t be turned off when the computer’s away -- we live these in every part of our lives. Our team isn’t for everyone, so if you’re right for it, the following values should resonate strongly with how you live your life.
We’re intolerant to bad vibes, and genuinely love where we work (and want to keep it that way). We choose our fam by looking beyond a skillset - because roles can change - and surround ourselves with folks we want to spend our lives with.
We aim high and hire smart people to get there -- folks that use logic and critical thinking to make the best decisions. We look beyond the problem and quickly build context to come to the right solution; our ever-changing and high-pace environment requires a team of great autonomous thinkers.
When we say “got it,” our team knows we’re owning it, we’re following through, and we’ll deliver beyond expectations. Put the effort into figuring things out yourself (hey, we’re all busy), and actively collaborate if you haven’t Got it; ownership also means knowing when to seek help and to never suffer in silence.
We’re a rare team of folks that genuinely love to work hard because we know that putting in the effort gets the win -- we’re the people that started our careers at the lemonade stand. Not at all costs, but we give it our all because our customers are hustling to grow their businesses, and the hustle’s more fun when we’re winning together.
We collaborate for more than the high-fives (although they’re pretty great), and our team thrives on timely and direct feedback. There’s no hesitation in being direct; since we’re surrounded by smart people, we embrace thoughtful and challenging perspectives.