Location: Spaces, London (Currently fully remote)
You are an experienced Product Designer, both passionate and effective at problem-solving. You have vast experience in understanding what good outcomes look like and recognize how to measure them effectively.
You are objective by nature, curious, deliberate, and somebody who strives to make things better.
You've had roles in the past, which include UX/UI Designer or Product Designer. Your portfolio focuses on design for web applications and not marketing websites.
You thrive working autonomously in a fast-paced environment, in collaboration with engineers and product managers. You’re comfortable being a player-manager - able to play a ‘team lead’ role in the design team, reporting to the Principal Designer.
- Own the product design for the Collaboration + Workflow squad, where you will be responsible for user-driven features that help marketing teams better do their work. An example of this could be a feature that allows users to switch their calendar view to a kanban board. Or, an outcome that speeds up the user's workflow, by reducing friction in the content creation process.
- Work in a fast-paced environment to ideate, iterate, and ship improvements and features to make a difference for our users.
- Build a deep understanding of user behaviour so you can make autonomous decisions, backed up with data.
- Measure releases to ensure that we have hit our goals or audit reasons why we haven't so that further iterations can occur.
- Work closely with the engineering team and Product Manager to find solutions to both business and customer problems.
- Optimise for simplicity, favouring common design patterns over the complex.
- Prototype original ideas and get qualitative feedback from real users. Validate concepts and report results to the broader team.
- Work closely with quantitative data tools to make data-informed decisions. You will be using Segment and Amplitude but will have a voice in proposing new tools to do your job more effectively.
- Craft elegant solutions that are simple to understand and delightful to use.
- Work with our Customer Support team to understand user needs and pain points.
- Become an ambassador for user-experience design standards, and push design at ContentCal to the next level.
- Help Marketing to become as knowledgeable as possible by assisting with product documentation for features you have worked on.
- Comfortable playing a ‘team lead’ role in the Design function - managing and mentoring members of the design team, fostering team spirit, articulating our company values in the design function.
We are an award-winning VC backed SaaS platform providing content marketing software to thousands of customers, with high growth plans and a vision to become the number one content marketing platform in the world.
With over 2,000 clients globally ContentCal is chosen by leading brands and SMEs for our innovative content planning, collaboration and publishing features.
The skills, attributes and experience you must have:
- Experience building and shipping applications and not marketing websites.
- You've previously worked on user-driven features for B2B or B2C software products
- You have excellent writing skills and can craft copy for the designs you produce.
- You can map out user flows and journeys, to create a good understanding of all touch-points and interactions within that feature or improvement.
- You have a keen interest in wanting to make the product you are working on better.
- You are comfortable coming up with your own thoughts and explorations and don't require a detailed brief to start.
- You see yourself as a true 'end-to-end' designer, who can independently go from user research to final prototypes.
Skills, attributes and experience it would be nice for you to have:
- You've got in-depth experience working in a fast-paced SAAS startup.
- You have ‘player-manager’ experience; experience managing people.
- You are a designer who can code.
- You are already a Figma user.
- You have some experience in animation so that you can bring interactions to life.
Find out more about us at ContentCal:
- Website https://www.contentcal.io/
- Culture https://www.contentcal.io/about/our-story/
- Blog https://www.contentcal.io/blog/
- Podcasts https://www.contentcal.io/podcast/
- YouTube https://www.youtube.com/c/ContentCal/
- Glassdoor https://www.glassdoor.co.uk/Overview/Working-at-ContentCal-EI_IE2237900.11,21.htm
What you get
- A competitive salary (disclosed at screening interview stage)
- Flexible and remote working contracts (depending on the role )
- 25 days holidays excluding bank holidays
- Spaces co-working office benefits
- Perkbox benefits
- Pension scheme
- Health insurance option
- Company laptop