Pocket Prep is a leading mobile and web-based learning platform offering efficient and affordable study solutions for professional certifications. We believe that education should be within everyone’s reach. Having the tools to be successful in your studies isn’t a notion that just the privileged few should have.
We’re looking for a Social Media Specialist to manage all of our existing social media channels. This person will be on our marketing team and develop content for each channel with the support of a design team, bolster our current presence, and work towards generating higher reach and engagement levels.
About the Role
Our Social Media Specialist will report directly to the Communications Manager and work closely with our marketing and design teams. Pocket Prep is small but growing; this role will be the fifth member of the marketing team.
The right candidate will have a passion for writing and visual storytelling, believe in our mission, and enjoy working with small teams.
Our ideal candidate for this role will be based in Seattle. Our Seattle team members currently work from home, though 1-2 days in office per week may be possible in 2022. Other remote candidates will still be considered.
What You Will Do
- Manage all existing company social media channels including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Reddit, LinkedIn, and Pinterest, on a daily basis
- Manage community and customer feedback (i.e. responding to DMs and comments), documenting user-generated content and feedback for monthly reporting and review
- Follow existing brand and content guidelines for sustaining current social media strategy
- Develop new ideas and strategies for channel-specific content with the goal to increase audience size and engagement
- Work directly with the design team for visual elements, following brand guidelines and working within the parameters they provide while participating in regular collaboration
- Stay up-to-date on the latest social media trends and expectations, incorporating in shifts and changes where necessary in a polished and meaningful manner
- Promote a more proactive presence on social media channels, locating communities the company can become active participants in (i.e. Facebook Groups, LinkedIn)
- Define and measure KPIs, propose solutions to problems and identify opportunities for improvement
- Launch paid social media advertising campaigns
- Launch company presence on new social media platforms, as needed
- Elevate the brand’s voice and echo our mission to make education accessible to all through every channel
- Minimum 3-5 years of professional experience in managing multiple social media channels with track record of positive results (portfolio of work)
- Deep understanding of best practices and nuances between individual social media channels, especially from a branding and business perspective
- Experience in working with common social media softwares and services such as Facebook Analytics, Tweetdeck, Google Analytics, Hootsuite, and/or Sprout Social
- Innate ability to understand emerging trends and interpret how a company can take part in a meaningful, appropriate, and fun way
- Proficient in researching educational and company-relevant trends and topics, finding noteworthy information worth sharing with our customer base
- Expressed understanding of internet culture and humor
- Passion for collaboration and teamwork
- Creative thinker and contributor while also being detail-oriented
- Not afraid to take ownership of projects and lead new initiatives
- Prior experience in or passion for the technology or education space (Bonus)
- Experience in paid social media advertising campaigns (Bonus)
- Video editing or animation skills (Bonus)
- Well-spoken and not camera shy; willingness to showcase yourself and your persona as the face of Pocket Prep on select social media channels, i.e. TikTok and Instagram (Bonus, not required)
There are many benefits to working at Pocket Prep. Here are a few:
- Work/Life Balance: Freedom to live your life while accomplishing something awesome for everyone in education.
- Competitive Salaries: We pay in actual dollars, not shares. Plus, we offer profit sharing to every employee.
- 100% Health Care: Yes, that’s right. We cover all of our employees' health care premiums.
To learn more about working at Pocket Prep, and our team, visit our Careers page.