- 100% Remote—WFA (Work From Anywhere)
- Flexible hours—work whenever you want
- Friendly and supportive globally distributed team—no matter what time it is, someone somewhere in the world is online to say hello and answer questions =)
Index is a virtual business development assistant that integrates human (that's you!) and artificial intelligence directly into the customer relationship management (CRM) software used by law firms. Firms use us to ensure that the data in their CRM stays accurate and up to date. ⚙
Our team is fully distributed with colleagues across the United States, Germany, France, Romania, the Philippines, and a few full-time world-wanderers who land in a different time zone every few weeks.
We recently announced a partnership with LexisNexis, the leading global provider of computer-assisted legal research (CLAR) and we have law firms lining up to give us tens of thousands of customer contacts to clean. We need to quadruple our team of Virtual Data Stewards just to handle the workload we're taking on as a result of our last deal!
We're committed to building a company culture that values flexibility, bilateral feedback, and continuous improvement at every level.
You can check out the company website here: https://index.io/
We're looking for a Virtual Data Steward to research the customer contacts in our client firms' CRMs. We'll equip you with the tools to find the contact's LinkedIn or other professional profile as well as their email address, and you'll make sure the contact's details are complete, correct, and up-to-date.
- The starting pay rate is $4 USD per hour
- 100% remote working environment with flexible scheduling (you decide when you work and how many hours you work)
- There will be opportunities for advancement into Senior Data Steward, QA (Quality Assurance), and Team Management roles based on your personal preferences and your metrics (speed and accuracy)
- English language proficiency—currently all of our customers are headquartered in the United Kingdom and the USA.
- Attention to detail—our clients buy our product to ensure that their data is accurate, so we need folks with a laser eye for catching and eliminating typos.
- Good time management skills—you'll be working completely remotely! This means you can work from your backyard, the local pub, or a beach in Jamaica, but it also means you'll need to be able to manage your own time really well.
- Responsiveness—we're a young, growing company and things change a lot! You'll need to be vigilant about keeping up with instant messages, emails, and changes to the documentation for all types of tasks you work on.
- Resourcefulness—if your direct manager is offline, you'll need to be able to look up the answers to your questions in our online wiki, work through them with with a teammate, or find a workaround until leadership can get back to you.
- Kindness—we're a global community with teammates from all sorts of different places and backgrounds, and we think it's important to approach our differences with compassion and curiosity.
- Research professional contacts in our client firms' customer relationship management (CRM) databases to locate their LinkedIn or other business profiles
- Update each contact's details (Work Status, Company Name, Job Title, Location, and Email Address)
- Maintain satisfactory speed and accuracy metrics
- Metrics thresholds are very likely to change as we scale the team, improve the platform we work on, and learn more about averages.
- We currently ask everyone to maintain an average accuracy score of ≥ 90% and an average speed of ≤1 minute/task (note that workload is divided up into very quick tasks like "Find a LinkedIn Profile," "Update Current Job," and "Update Email Address").
- Be responsive to communication from your team (this includes keeping up to date with work emails, announcements made in Slack channels relevant to your job, direct Slack messages from management, and ongoing changes to task guides for any tasks you work on)
- Attend a 30-minute team sync meeting every other Wednesday at 10am San Francisco time (or watch the recording if you can't attend)
- Attend a 30-minute 1:1 with your direct manager every other week at a pre-agreed time that works for both of you
- Submit an invoice for your hours worked by the 8th of each month
All you need to do is attach your resume and write a quick note to introduce yourself. In your note, please include your answers to the following three questions:
- Why are you interested in being a Virtual Data Steward at Index?
- Have you ever worked remotely? If so, what did you do and how did it go?
- What do you like to do in your free time?
We'll let you know within two weeks whether we would like to move forward. If so, you'll receive a trial task to do in a Google spreadsheet. It should take you less than 90 minutes and we'll pay you for the time if you're hired. After the trial task, a team member will reach out to let you know whether or not we'd like to schedule a 30-minute interview. After the interview, we'll make a decision. We're looking forward to getting to know you! =)