SoLo Funds is on a mission to help the millions of Americans that live paycheck to paycheck and can't survive a money crunch. Launched in 2018 as a unique and proprietary lending marketplace, today SoLo is the leading alternative financial solution providing the fastest loans available for borrowers and the opportunity for lenders to earn significant returns. We are a VC funded Fintech company backed by Techstars, and have partnerships with Visa and Kiva.
Our Site Reliability Engineers (SREs) fill the mission-critical role of ensuring that our complex, web-scale systems are healthy, monitored, automated, and designed to scale. You will use your background as an operations generalist to work closely with our development teams from the early stages of design all the way through identifying and resolving production issues. The ideal candidate will be passionate about an operations role that involves deep knowledge of both the application and the product, and will also believe that automation is a key component to operating large-scale systems.
What You'll Do
* Serve as a primary point responsible for the overall health, performance, and capacity of one or more of our Internet-facing services
* Gain deep knowledge of our complex applications.
* Assist in the roll-out and deployment of new product features and installations to facilitate our rapid iteration and constant growth.
* Develop tools to improve our ability to rapidly deploy and effectively monitor custom applications in a large-scale UNIX environment.
* Work closely with development teams to ensure that platforms are designed with “operability” in mind.
* Function well in a fast-paced, rapidly-changing environment.
* Participate in a 24x7 rotation for second-tier escalations.
* 5+ years in a UNIX-based large-scale web operations/administration role
* Trouble-shooting skills that span systems, network (TCP/IP), and code
* Programming skills (we like Golang, Python, Perl, Ruby, Java/Scala, or C)
* In-depth experience with config management tools like Chef, Ansible, Puppet, or SaltStack
* Experience building and deploying container-based web applications and APIs (Docker etc)
* Experience creating and supporting AWS environments, and working with and supporting Terraform
* Skill in developing and improving CI/CD scripts and services for development and deployment
* Experience supporting web technologies and websites running Apache or NGINX
* Experience with Linux operating systems including installing, configuring and troubleshooting
* Desire and ability to mentor and train other engineers
* Previous experience working with geographically-distributed coworkers
* Knowledge of: data structures, relational and non-relational databases, networking, Linux internals, filesystems, web architecture, and related topics
UNFORTUNATELY WE DO NOT OFFER VISA SPONSORSHIP FOR THIS ROLE
About SoLo Funds
Launched in 2015 as a unique and proprietary lending marketplace, today SoLo is the leading alternative financial solution providing the fastest loan option to borrowers and option for lenders to obtain significant value. We are on a mission to provide the most intelligent (affordable + financially empowering) option for funds and banking services by leveraging the best technologies in the world.
Unlimited Vacation Time
Full Healthcare Benefits