Tuxera is looking for an experienced Build and Release Engineer who enjoys solving software build and integration challenges in diverse embedded environments. You have a passion for fast and correct results and can achieve them both independently and as a member of a team. The software you release will run on billions of electronics devices every day.
The location of this job position can be either in Tuxera HQ, Espoo, Finland, or remote
Tasks and responsibilities
- Manage release process for different products
- Improve release process quality, reliability and sustainability
- Focus on efficiency
- Maintenance of tools and configurations related to products and services
- Triage software build, environment issues
Background and Qualifications
Generally, we prefer
- Extensive Linux knowledge
- Experience with Autotools (make, autoconf etc.) and C programming
- Experience with embedded environments, cross-compilers, toolchains, BSPs, etc.
- Knowledge of containerization
- Knowledge of Yocto
- Comfortable with at least one among these three: python, bash, perl, etc.
- Experience with git
The following is considered as a strong plus
- Familiarity of cloud hosting environments
- General experience/knowledge of DevOps practices
- Distribution package maintenance and open source project experience
- Knowledge of Android and Real-Time OS (QNX, INTEGRITY, etc.), their build tools and procedures
Tuxera is the leading provider of quality-assured embedded storage management software and networking technologies. Helping people and businesses store and do more with their data, our software is at the core of phones, tablets, cars, TV sets, cameras, drones, external storage, routers, spacecraft, IoT devices, and more. We help you store your data reliably, while making file transfers fast and content easily accessible. Tuxera is also an active member of multiple industry organizations, including JEDEC, AGL, SD Association, The Linux Foundation, and many others. Founded in 2008, Tuxera's headquarters are located in Finland, with regional offices in China, Germany, South Korea, Japan, Taiwan, and the US.