Who We Are
Red Canary was founded to create a world where every organization can make its greatest impact without fear of cyber attack. Our combination of market-defining technology, processes, and expertise are preventing breaches every day. We are completely changing the way security is delivered and setting the new standard for security. If our mission resonates with you, let’s talk!
What We Believe In
- Do what’s right for the customer
- Be kind and authentic
- Deliver great quality
- Be relentless
Challenges You Will Solve
As our Systems Engineer you will be responsible for designing, building, and maintaining the core systems that enable Red Canary employees to make their greatest impact. With your solid understanding of systems, patience, willingness to learn and resourcefulness, you will build elegant, intuitive solutions that allow Red Canary to continue to grow, move fast and be a strong security ally to our customers.
What You’ll Do
- Manage the configuration of internal core services (AD, SaaS, AWS resources, etc), from definition to deployment, identifying and eliminating inefficiencies while proposing improvements that improve the overall employee experience.
- Design and implement technical solutions for new business needs and challenges.
- Understand and help refine Service Level Objectives and Service Level Indicators associated with these systems.
- Respond to and resolve issues reported by employees by debugging, performing root cause analysis, and working closely with internal and external support teams.
- Monitor the performance of the fleet, interfacing with operational teams to guide targeted improvements to observability, and striving to minimize operational incidents.
What You’ll Bring
- Experience as a System Engineer, specifically within AWS/Azure environments
- Demonstrated success troubleshooting and correcting operational issues related to to Active Directory design and configuration experience
- Demonstrated success overseeing a growing number of disparate SaaS systems with complex integrations and automations
- Demonstrated success overseeing all aspects of Single Sign-On (SSO) implementation across user endpoints, SaaS, and pet servers (SSH)
- A demonstrated ability to design, implement and support complex networking (routing, ACL) of services serving a distributed workforce
- A demonstrated ability to use one or more of the following languages: Ruby, Python, Bash
- Understand the purpose of Configuration and Infrastructure as Code.
- Understand and effectively leverage infrastructure automation using Puppet, SaltStack, and Terraform.
- A strong urge to collaborate across internal teams and with our customers and partners.
- A high degree of empathy for the Customer, and feel the only measure of success is how well our products fulfill customer needs.
- A positive attitude and default to action. If you see something that may negatively impact the customer experience, you dive right in, isolate the issue, and ensure we do whatever it takes to eliminate it.
- Excellent communication skills, able to describe complex technical issues in a concise and user-friendly manner.
Targeted base salary range: $100,000 - $130,000 + bonus eligibility and equity depending on experience.
Why Red Canary?
Red Canary is where people embody our mission to improve security outcomes for all. People work hard to maintain a culture that encourages authenticity in order to do your best work. Our people are driven and committed to finding the best security outcomes, delivering real and actionable answers, and being transparent along the way.
At Red Canary, we offer a very rich benefits program to our full-time team members so they can focus on their families and improving our customers’ security. For a full list of benefits, please review our Benefits Summary:
Individuals seeking employment at Red Canary are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation.