Magic is an early stage, fast-growing challenger to transform the antiquated user identity space by eliminating the need for passwords. Our mission is to safeguard the trust between users and Internet services by establishing secure and authentic digital identity. Magic’s vision is an Internet of people, not credentials.
We are looking for a seasoned engineering leader who is not afraid to push beyond the status quo and create the simplest, most secure, and most long-term sustainable identity solution for application developers and end-users. You’ll manage and grow a strong team of frontend and backend leaders and engineers, build relationships with customers and other teams, and champion our vision for building the best identity platform for the Internet.
This is a unique opportunity to shape the future of the identity that will be used by millions of people and revolutionize how people interact with the Internet.
- Be part of the executive team, and contribute to engineering-wide initiatives and drive the plan for Magic’s engineering vision
- Recruit, build and develop a diverse team of leaders and engineers that are amongst the best in the industry, from outreach through close
- Empower and align the team with business objectives to achieve a high level of technical productivity, reliability and simplicity
- Develop and grow leaders and engineers on the team, helping them advance in their careers
- Drive technical projects and operational excellence across the team’s services
- Develop, maintain, and regularly report on success metrics that measure the operational health, performance, effectiveness and efficiency of the products the team is responsible for delivering
We are looking for someone who has:
- 5+ years of engineering management experience
- Successfully built diverse teams to tackle challenging technical problems
- A track record of leading productive engineering teams and deliver great products with strong foundations
- A demonstrated ability to manage, motivate and hold accountable a high-performing, distributed team, and demonstrated ability to bring people together against a set of strategies and goals
- The ability to thrive on a high level of autonomy and responsibility
- The ability to lead by example, by setting the right context, and by helping the team do their best work
- The desire to encourage a healthy work environment that’s both supportive and challenging
- Strong accountability to hold yourself and your team to a high bar for all aspects of the team’s work
Magic is securing over millions of requests per month and our top priorities are availability, security, and amazing developer and user experience.
Magic is remote-friendly, though we would prefer this role specifically to be in a timezone where we can have more hours overlap with the North American team members due to the need for frequent communication and collaboration.
At Magic, we're looking for team players with passion, empathy, perseverance, and integrity. You're encouraged to apply to this position, even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Your talent and merits will stand out. At Magic, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who aren't afraid to challenge assumptions and the status-quo.