Magic is an early stage, fast-growing challenger to transform the antiquated user identity space by eliminating the need for passwords, with backing from top investors such as Lightspeed Ventures, SV Angel, Social Capital, Placeholder, and Naval Ravikant. We’re looking for an exceptional new team member to own Magic’s product function and champion our vision for building the best identity platform for the Internet.
Our mission is to safeguard the trust between users and Internet services by establishing secure and authentic digital identity. Magic’s vision is an Internet of people, not credentials. We are looking for team members who are not afraid to push beyond the status quo and create the simplest, most secure, and most long-term sustainable identity solution for app developers and end-users.
This is a unique opportunity to shape the future of the identity that will be used by millions of people and revolutionize how people interact with the Internet.
- Help formulate Magic’s long-term product vision, goals, metrics, and strategy
- Translate that strategy into concrete plans and objectives over the short- and medium-term. Then execute and deliver key product outcomes.
- Incorporate data, research and market analysis to inform product strategies and roadmaps.
- Use data and analytics to understand how our customers use our platform, and help guide decisions on improvements and optimizations we can make
- Understand Magic’s strategic and competitive position and deliver products that are aligned with our mission and recognized best in the industry
- Identify significant product, organizational, and process opportunities and drive them to fruition often without explicit direction and resourcing.
- Help design product function and build processes that will scale as our team and company grow
- Collaborate cross-functionally with leadership, growth and marketing teams, and other key stakeholders across the company
What you bring to the team
- 4+ years of experience as a product manager in a SaaS company, ideally IAM/IDaaS
- Strong track record of shipping developer-facing products users love
- Excel in using quantitative data (metrics and analytics) and qualitative data (customer feedback) to inform product prioritization and measure product performance.
- Strong communication, organization, and time management skills
- Strong technical background
- Founded a business or startup before
- Helped design product function at a startup before
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science
- Was a former engineer who made the transition from engineering to product management
Magic is securing over millions of requests per month and our top priorities are availability, security, and amazing developer and user experience.
Magic is remote-friendly, though we would prefer this role specifically to be in a timezone where we can have more hours overlap with the North American team members due to the need for frequent communication and collaboration.
At Magic, we're looking for team players with passion, empathy, perseverance, and integrity. You're encouraged to apply to this position, even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Your talent and merits will stand out. At Magic, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who aren't afraid to challenge assumptions and the status quo.