Due to our growing client base we are currently looking for a Front-End Developer to join our development team on a permanent basis.
Here at Xigen we are an established and fast-growing eCommerce Agency based in Bedford, focusing on the design, development and marketing of high-performance eCommerce sites. Working with a large number of clients from SMBs to multinational blue chips. There is a focused but informal atmosphere in the studio with around 40 team members who enjoy the companies diligent and helpful approach to client projects.
What will you be doing?
As the Front-End Developer, you will be responsible for developing high-end sites for commercial and enterprise level clients. If you're interested in creating a user-friendly environment by writing code, then this job is for you. We expect you to be a tech-savvy professional, who is curious about new digital technologies and aspires to combine usability with visual design.
Some of the day to day duties of the Front-End Developer will include:
- Using markup languages like HTML to create user-friendly web pages
- Building, maintaining and improving mobile first websites
- Collaborating with back-end developers, designers, testers and project managers to deliver a variety of project
- Staying up to date on emerging technologies
What we're looking for:
As the Front-End Developer, it is essential that you have:
- The ability to use task runners such as Grunt, Gulp and Webpack
- Knowledge of best practises for SEO and accessibility performance
- A good understanding of PHP
- Strong communication skills, able to explain complicated technical ideas in a clear manner to clients and peers
It would also be a benefit if the Front-End Developer had:
- Experience with CSS extensions such as LESS or SASS
- Experience working with Bespoke WordPress themes
- The ability to use Adobe Photoshop or Adobe XD
- Knowledge of React, Vue and TailWind
What about you?
- If you're a self-confessed Nerd, Geek or Techy – then you'll fit in just right
- We look for gifted candidates that have a life interest for all things web and developing code
- Candidates must have the right to work in the UK
- Xigen is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation
What can Xigen offer you?
As well as a salary of between £25,000 to £35,000 per annum, we offer:
- 20 days holiday + public holidays and Christmas / New Year shutdown
- Quarterly company profit share bonus
- Flexible working hours
- 5 professional development days per year
- Choose your platform
- No desks phones for developers (leaving you free to do what you do best)
- Dedicated 'chill out' room in the studio with a with sofa, big tv, ps4, VR, football table and shuffleboard
- Free hot & cold drinks, plenty of fresh fruit and cakes are all available, just help yourself
If you like what you've read and would like to join one of the UK's fastest growing Digital Agencies, then hit apply and we'll be in touch!