Who are we:
GrowSquares designs outdoor gardens that are fun, productive and easy to use. Our system leverages an app that captures remote microclimate data to ensure our users not only grow the best herbs, and vegetables for their space but are able to do so using the exact mixture of nutrients, minerals, and bacteria their plants need to thrive. We form our proprietary mixture (seeds included) into modular square-foot blocks, wrapping them in a nutrient-rich organic casing that continues to feed a users' plants as it biodegrades. Once a user's garden has been delivered, the app is able to provide tailored watering, servicing and harvesting recommendations as well as help users identify and address any problems their plants might be experiencing.
To watch a video of how our system works, visit: https://bit.ly/howgrowsquaresw...
Who you are:
GrowSquares is currently seeking an Operations Intern to support our product manufacturing efforts. This role is designed to develop and refine our sourcing, production, co-packing, warehousing and fulfillment strategies to ensure sustainable growth and manufacturing operations. The role is entirely remote. As an Operations Intern, you will be responsible for completing strategic business project(s) that impact the company at the corporate level. You will be asked to demonstrate an in-depth understanding of supply chain operations, strategic development, vendor selection and management, and high-level project management skills. You will be required to work both independently as well as in a team environment in order to support our complex product flows throughout the product lifecycle. The ideal candidate will have experience supporting the development of sourcing strategies, building analytical models and aligning strategies with key stakeholders. This role is very much cross-functional and will report directly to the CEO of the company.
Key responsibilities include:
- Developing analytical models to provide risk and cost-based guidance for selection and pricing for raw materials
- Supporting processes that will help refine, the overall strategic direction of the company in the near/mid/long-term
- Partnering with key stakeholders across the organization to help develop and align broad strategic sourcing plans
- Must be a current student pursuing MBA or masters in supply chain or related field
- Bachelor's degree in Supply Chain, Engineering or other technical discipline
- Certification in Six Sigma and Lean Manufacturing preferred
- Minimum three years of work experience within manufacturing/supply chain; experience in supply chain line management/leadership
- Experience designing/redesigning supply chain processes and programs to build capacity and/or increase efficiency
- Excellent interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills, including specifically, the skills needed to manage difficult conversations and interactions as they arise along with synthesizing complex information into simple, actionable insights and communicate technical requirements