Headquartered in Helsinki with offices in Berlin, Sydney and Toronto, Aiven provides managed open-source data technologies, such as PostgreSQL, Kafka and M3, on all major clouds. We have raised $150M in VC funding to date and are backed by world-class investors including Atomico, IVP and Earlybird Venture Capital, among others. We plan to invest this funding back into open source.
Our roots are in open source. The services we provide are based on best-in-class open source data technologies. We are establishing the Open-Source Office that will coordinate and increase our contributions to the open source community.
Through Aiven, developers can do what they do best: create applications. Meanwhile, we do what we do best; manage cloud data infrastructure. We enable our customers to drive business results from open source resulting in true transformations far beyond their own backyards.
Please continue reading if you are a Software Developer, Backend or Platform Engineer who likes Python programming, properly structured cloud infrastructure, solving complex technical problems, building tools and working directly with customers. If you are equally passionate about cloud infra as we are, and you want to be a part of our Global Tech Ops Team and contribute to a very well funded scale-up company, we want to hear from you!
You can be either based in Greater Sydney, working in a mix of office and home settings, or in any state of Australia and work fully remotely.
This position is a combination of software development, problem solving and direct customer interaction. We are looking for talented Developers to help our customers integrate with our cloud operations platform which turns the best open source technologies into frustration-free cloud services. Our customers are primarily developers with a good understanding of technology, and, along with our entire development team, you will be helping them succeed using Aiven services. Your development skills are required for creating and improving our support tooling as well as developing and implementing new features requested by customers.
- Work with complex open source databases such as PostgreSQL, MySQL, InfluxDB, Redis, as well as other open source data technologies like Kafka, Elasticsearch, Cassandra and Grafana
- Developing tooling for internal teams, customers and partners
- Troubleshoot and resolve technical issues with help from the product and operations teams
- Customer support: triage, driving support cases to closure, escalation to other teams
- Drive cross-functional user-experience and supportability improvements
- Maintaining internal and external product knowledge bases
- Provide feedback to Aiven sales and product development teams
- Continuous improvement of the processes and tooling for all of the above
- 4-5 years of software development experience, (preferably backend or platform engineering)
- Extensive Python programming experience (Please Note: we are not looking for web developers)
- Demonstrated cloud computing experience
- Demonstrated experience working with database and messaging systems such as PostgreSQL, MySQL, Elasticsearch, Cassandra, Grafana, InfluxDB, Redis and Kafka
- At least intermediate level Linux and networking experience
- Demonstrated experience troubleshooting issues and resolving customer issues in a timely manner
- Previous experience working directly with customers, would be an asset
- Experience in writing technical blog posts would also be an asset
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to communicate clearly, concisely and effectively with customers and colleagues
- Fast learner - Ability to pick up new and unfamiliar technologies quickly
- Experience contributing to open source technologies would be an added bonus
- A dynamic start-up environment with a rapidly growing, international business
- Stock options
- 1.5% extra employer superannuation contribution on top of the guarantee rate
- Subsidized private health insurance covers for employees' families
- Highly experienced colleagues
- Cool office in the centre of the city
- We support our people's growth by covering costs of professional trainings, conferences and exams
- Generous parental leave plans
If you’re interested, send us your application along with a link to your GitHub profile.
Aiven provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to age, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, religion, sexual orientation, physical and mental ability, marital and family status or without regard to any other similar personal attributes.
Aiven complies with applicable local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company operates. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and any other terms and conditions related to employment.