Oxfam is a global organization working to end the injustice of poverty. We help people build better futures for themselves, hold the powerful accountable, and save lives in disasters.
The Campaigns Advisor will help lead OUS advocacy campaigns through development and implementation of coordinated strategies to achieve policy, culture and political change within the United States with a goal of fighting inequality and its impacts on poverty. They will lead and coordinate a multi-functional campaign team to develop and implement campaign plans including theory of change, political strategy, insider engagement, public engagement and working with grasstops and grassroots advocates as appropriate. They will engage in coalitions, support a state-based work and help Oxfam engage its current supporters and expand its supporter base.
- In coordination with the campaigns team and other departments, expand OUS’ influence and impact through coordinated influencing and campaigning strategies.
- Support development and implementation of campaign plans including developing theory of change, public and insider engagement strategies, campaign tactics and approaches and supporting state level organizing.
- Support project management of high-profile events and other campaign tactics.
- Develop and drive new tactical approaches, with an emphasis on digital campaigning approaches to achieve organizational objectives and influence the US government, companies and institutions to address poverty and hunger globally.
- Implement plans to engage influential voices and mobilize large numbers of people to support Oxfam’s campaigns.
- In coordination with Alliances and Strategic Partnerships department, recruit and nurture relationships with key allies and partner organizations; work closely with allied organizations and networks to develop and implement collaborative strategies when strategically appropriate.
- Monitor (a) politics and policy in key target Congressional districts; (b) private sector targets; (c) country team priorities and (d) global influencers across advocacy, influencing and campaigning priority areas.
- Represent OUS at national and regional events, conferences, and public forums.
- Lead team engagement in strong monitoring, learning and evaluation systems.
EXPECTATIONS FOR THE POSITION:
- Will stay abreast of professional standards, trends and issues affecting this set of responsibilities, demonstrating continuous learning in the field.
- Will work effectively and collaboratively in support of building a team-based, problem solving work culture.
- Will have an understanding of gender justice and diversity within key areas of
- responsibility and a commitment to promoting gender justice and diversity in our workplace and programs.
- Within key areas of responsibility, will have a commitment to providing a safe environment for staff, partners, and beneficiaries, and a commitment to promoting safeguarding in our workplace programs, and the communities we serve.
- Domestic and international travel required 25% of time.
Bachelor’s degree in relevant field or equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
Experience and Core Competencies:
- 3 to 5 years in public policy, advocacy campaigning, or other relevant experience.
- Demonstrated program and team leadership experience.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
- Proven strategic thinker and partner.
- Ability to represent Oxfam publicly with demonstrated public speaking experience.
- Knowledge of the field of international development and human rights.
- Knowledge of US government policymaking processes and private sector influencing strategies.
- Energetic and creative problem solver.
- Flexible and willing to play different roles as needed.
- Ability to learn new issues quickly and represent Oxfam publicly.
- Interest and proven track record in advocacy campaigning and knowledge of emerging strategies for influencing campaign targets.
- Knowledge of internet-based campaigning strategies.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Oxfam America is a Gender Just organization and an equal opportunity employer. We have a zero tolerance policy for any sexual harassment, exploitation, and/or abuse. We welcome all persons to apply and do not discriminate. We take measures to prevent discrimination against any employee or job applicant on the basis of race, color, gender, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran's status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression.
We are an E-Verify employer.