We are SigFig. We empower everyone to achieve their life goals and ambitions with intuitive and customer-centric financial solutions. It takes extraordinary people to disrupt decades of legacy financial practices to reimagine solutions to serve customers at scale.
We are committed to building impactful financial solutions that are accessible and affordable to everyone. Using a combination of design, data science, and technology, we help provide people with financial advice and guidance they need to achieve their life goals. Whether it's through our direct-to-consumer or business-to-consumer products through partnerships with some of the world's largest and most innovative financial institutions like Wells Fargo, UBS, and Citizens Bank, SigFig seeks to help consumers and institutions make better financial decisions.
Headquartered in San Francisco, we also have amazing talent solving interesting problems across our offices in Tucson, Calgary, Singapore, and New Delhi, but also remote employees in 14 states across the U.S Come thrive at SigFig!
The Team -- The Data Science Team
The data science team at SigFig handles some of the toughest — and most fun — data challenges at SigFig.
The Opportunity -- Data Scientist
Data Scientists work with a cross-section of the company to draw insight out of data and create tools, conversation, and culture that lead to smarter decision-making.
How You'll Make an Impact
- Data storyteller: Create reports and data-based recommendations by developing and running experiments, writing data automation, and conducting statistical/business analysis.
- Trusted partner: Collaborate with marketing and sales teams to drive growth through funnel optimization, segmentation, user behavior models, customer profiling or LTV analysis etc.
- Nimble coder: Design and prototype data products, e.g. customer propensity scoring models. Improve and build data tooling and infrastructure by automating tasks, deploying new tools etc.
- Clear communicator: Synthesize and communicate insights from data through written and visual presentations, interactive dashboards, bots, and other automated reporting.
- Constant learner, and teacher: Help build a data culture and skill base across the company, e.g. teaching about statistical fallacies and facts, machine learning developments, etc.
Ideal SigFigian for this Role
- 3-4 years of related experience, minimum Bachelor's degree in a quantitative discipline (Applied Math, Computer Science, Economics, Statistics, or other closely related fields.)
- Experience analyzing datasets using SQL, Python (pandas, scikit etc), R, Tableau, Julia, Spark, Stata, D3, Redash, etc learning new tools as necessary.
- Ability to work with engineering tools to accomplish tasks e.g. git, the command line, shells scripting, public REST APIs
- Experience and ability to self-direct and prototype, implement and optimize analytics projects to discover, synthesize insights and strategies from vast and complex datasets, with the goal of driving improvement and positive change for the company and our clients.
- Proficient in writing scripts implementing business logic for analysis, insight discovery, and business automation.
- Excellent quantitative and statistical sense and of experimental design.
- Skilled at writing up cogent summaries of findings and presenting them visually and verbally in group settings, including to team and company leaders
- Ability to communicate effectively, share recommendations, propose improvements to code and process, lead initiatives, and drive change
Perks and Benefits
- Competitive Benefits Package
- Flexible PTO
- 401K with Company Match
- $1000 Yearly Wellness Benefit
- Employee Recognition Program
- And more!
Founded in 2007, SigFig is backed by premier venture capital firms, including Bain Capital Ventures, DCM Ventures, Nyca Partners, and Union Square Ventures as well as leading financial institutions including Wells Fargo, UBS, Santander, New York Life, Eaton Vance, and Comerica. We've raised $110 million to support our growth as the #1 online investment advisor for large financial institutions.
© Nvest. All rights reserved, SigFig is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We encourage people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives to apply.
San Francisco Applicants: SigFig will consider applicants with arrest and conviction records (criminal histories) in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.