We are on a mission to make science open so everyone can live healthy lives on a healthy planet
At Frontiers we are on a mission to make science open to everyone. Research is the foundation of modern society and it is thanks to advances in science that we enjoy longer, healthier, and more prosperous lives than ever before in human history. We are an open access technology-based publisher, and we are growing FAST. In the 10+ years of Frontiers we have disrupted the STEM publishing world and are now one of the largest, most-read and most-cited publishers globally.
We are looking for a motivated Customer Insights Project Manager to join our Business Intelligence department. Your passion for primary data analysis, storytelling, and data visualisation will be critical to your success in helping our team continually deliver new and innovative reports on customer insights.
This role reports to the Head of Business Intelligence and you will be working with cross-functional teams across operations and directly with executive management to guide business decisions through data. You will use your market research skills to ultimately create engaging insights about our users and their journeys.
- Design, develop, and deliver reporting quantitative research programmes based on end-user specifications from primary data sources
- Lead project management on multiple projects with the support of other BI team members
- Write and design questionnaires
- Extract insights and actionable recommendations with the purpose of understanding or making conclusions for decision making and key strategic initiatives.
- Provide support to senior team on non-project specific tasks (e.g. proposals, internal requests).
- Identify opportunities for improvements in the delivery of research projects to enhance quality & delivery speed
- Significant experience working in market research for an international corporation is essential
- Strong grounding in custom research principles, methodologies, statistical techniques
- Proactively develops own skill set and knowledge
- Relevant experience in designing and delivering quantitative research projects
- Experience using Qualtrics is highly desirable
- Experience of data visualization, and ability to explain complex things in a simple, accessible way;
- Experience using Tableau or Excel to create and develop dashboards is highly desirable
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including presentation skills
- The ability to clean, extract and manipulate data before reporting is desirable
- Highly detail-oriented emphasising accuracy
- Well-developed time-management skills
- Ability to work independently and within a team
- 25 days holidays + Office Closure over the Christmas period
- Participation in the annual company bonus scheme
- Access to the latest equipment
- Commitment to growing and nurturing our people for the long-term. We spend 5% of our time working on our own projects to promote learning and innovation; as well as regular ‘master class’ sessions to share knowledge.
- Extensive learning opportunities through our LinkedIn Learning partnership
- Flexible working framework - We offer a flexible working framework and support Remote Working opportunities
With over 35 nationalities across our offices in London, Lausanne, Madrid, Seattle, and Beijing, you can certainly say that we are a diverse company. You will have the opportunity to work with teammates in other offices, as well as with researchers, editors, and authors from across the globe.
Our Lausanne HQ (designed for us) is spread over 3 floors, including a large canteen with a Foosball table and a multi-purpose room used for regular free yoga classes. Our other offices are hosted at WeWork and include communal spaces with coffee bars and activities all week. We are very socially active and organize lots of fun activities, ranging from happy hours, parties, sports events and much more.