This position is fully remote/working from home. We are accepting candidates from anywhere in the USA
Salary: pro-rata based on $70,000 a year - DOE
Hours: Part time role at 20 hours per week with possibility to turn into Full time.
We have a hugely exciting opportunity for the right candidate to join the Marisa Peer group of companies as the business continues to grow and develop.
We're a remote team based across the world. It is a dynamic time in the company's history, as we are growing at a fast rate and this is your chance to join a team of intelligent, high achieving, and ambitious people.
We are looking for a standalone HR generalist to oversee the HR function within the US. The role will require acting as a link between management and employees; advising on organizational requirements, employee relations matters and ensuring we are up to date with legal requirements and policy changes. This role will work with international partners to support recruitment for team upscaling, employee onboarding, and development of training and ongoing development initiatives.
- Be an active participant in business decisions that affect employees and effectively communicate to business leaders.
- Support and deliver orientation, onboarding & training to drive constant improvements in the employee experience.
- Act as the front-line HR lead to deliver counsel / advice regarding employee concerns and problem resolution.
- Educate managers & non-exempt employees on HR processes and systems.
- Partner with leaders and HR to continuously improve employee engagement and satisfaction levels.
- Develop HR policies and documentation in accordance to legal and company guidelines
- Managing recruiting activities for particular roles; ensuring consistent use of best recruitment practices in sourcing, interviewing, and extending offers to candidates.
- Completing all new starter paperwork (such as contracts, offer letters etc) processing references and coordinating background checks.
- Manage payroll processes and benefits creation and brokerage and runs payroll on a bi-monthly basis.
- Manage insurance and similar legal business requirements
- Leading performance evaluations together with management to ensure employees are engaged and being supported to reach their goals
- Identifying opportunities for employee and leadership development and ensuring that employees are getting access to development trainings
- Advising management on US employment law
- Champion company culture and ensure we create a diverse, inclusive and equitable environment
- Bachelor's Degree in Human Resources, Business, or related field.
- PHR/SPHR is preferred
- Minimum of 4 years of experience in HR
- In-depth understanding of US HR and how this varies from state to state
- Generalist HR experience (we would want someone with a good few years) who is experienced with both startups and established businesses
- Experience developing and managing HR policy, procedure, and employee handbooks
- Experience creating and managing an employee benefits program
- Experience in legal requirements for newly established businesses such as insurance
- Experience managing HR vendors for payroll and other benefits.
To learn more, please visit us at https://marisapeer.com
As 2018 and 2019 winners of Stevie Awards including Entrepreneur of the Year, Health and Pharmaceuticals Service, Woman of the Year, and The Lifetime Achievement Award, this is your opportunity to work for a global training and development company that touches the lives of millions of people each year, inspiring them to live their best life possible.
Background on Marisa Peer
Marisa Peer is a world-renowned speaker, hypnotherapy trainer, and bestselling author. She has over three decades of experience as a therapist, has been listed in Tatler's guide to ‘Britain's 250 Best Doctors', and has been heralded as everything from “Britain's Best Therapist” to a “pioneering motivational hypnotherapist, psychotherapist and a winning sports psychologist.”
Marisa has been a contributor and columnist to publications including Closer, Men's Fitness, and major Sunday newspapers. She frequently appears as an expert on the BBC and television networks all over the world. She has been acknowledged as an inspirational speaker from TEDx and Conde Nast to the Royal Society of Medicine for her impassioned and effective approach to changing people's lives from within.