Reporting To: Director of Operations & CEO
Primary Function: Redesign next generation of Community Benchmark reporting.
Capacity Expectations: Initial trial contract to require a 2-4 days over the course of 2 weeks.
Compensation: Fixed Bid
Contact: Email at email@example.com
OUR PURPOSE IS TO HELP SMALL BUSINESS COMMUNITIES THRIVE.
We’re changing the wine industry forever by delivering a service the wineries have wanted for a long time. Although sharing numbers with your peers and neighbors is a provocative concept, we have received unprecedented industry support and are rapidly becoming the wine industry standard.
We currently have around 1000 users and will grow 2X in 2021.
We are deeply passionate about helping winery communities make more confident and effective decisions driven by data. We are incredibly ambitious and competitive, yet humble, curious, and accepting. We want you to make your mark with us.
WHAT’S THE OPPORTUNITY?
Are you attracted to small businesses or the wine industry? Are you interested in potentially owning the Product Design and User Experience for over 1000 users who truly need and appreciate beautiful design? Do you get excited about delivering high-value features to passionate users that rely on your products to understand their business performance?
If the answer is yes to the above, you may have found your dream job and we may have found our dream hire.
I’m John, the Founder of Community Benchmark. I’ve done this before and here is my story and our explainer video. I’m looking for for an entrepreneurial designer who wants to spread their wings in a small but experienced team with a new ground breaking product. Let’s do this!
WHAT WILL I BE DOING?
At Community Benchmark, you will ideally become our lead Product Designer – someone who solves real small business data analysis problems. You’ll quickly become the lead Product Designer working closely with our small team including:
- Work through basic reporting design problems from beginning to end, translating insights from research and our data analysts into concepts that form disruptive new products and features, and designing the workflows and interactions required to make them a reality.
- Sketch and prototype ideas to quickly assess their viability, and design the high-level interactions and transitions.
- Work with our product team to iterate on and ship ideas.
What skills do I need?
- Experience designing digital products and systems, not just websites. You have helped ship products that solve real problems, and that people use.
- An appreciation of the entire product development process, from problem solving and click-path modelling, through to UI, visual, and interaction design.
- Ability to design polished, high-fidelity mockups of your solutions using modern design tools such as Figma and Sketch.
- A growth mindset. Willingness to own problems. Comfort with ambiguity. A desire to make things better. A balanced sense of optimism and humility.
Your experience should ideally focus on designing software products, and your portfolio should clearly outline the problems you’ve taken on with your design work. It should touch on the process you applied to find solutions and overcome challenges, rather than focusing just on visual polish, or the final deliverables.
WHAT ARE OUR CORE VALUES?
We are building a strong team with a strong company culture, i.e. the way we act, feel, and treat each other and our members. Here are our Core Values:
- Crush it – compete to win and create wins for our team and members.
- Balance – work smart, valuable output is greatest measure, have a life outside of the office.
- Candor – always strive for open, honest, direct but supportive communication (with team and members)
- Speed – imperfectly done is better than perfectly undone, maintain strong pace, grow fast.