Zoovu is an award-winning leader in Conversational Search, we’re 190 employees strong and fast-growing. With 7 locations worldwide, we have the advantage to tackle a vast variety of industries including consumer electronics, health & beauty, manufacturing and telecommunications, delivering exceptional value to our clients. Joining the Zoovu team means all of the opportunity, growth and advancement that can only come from a trusted industry leader.
What does Zoovu do?
Ever tried finding the right laptop, facial cream or even washing machine online? Not easy, right? That's the problem we're solving for more than 2,500 businesses and millions of consumers worldwide, every second. Our industry-leading conversational search platform allows business users to create, configure, design, monitor and optimize digital sales assistants. Like a salesperson in a store, those "virtual salespeople" help consumers find the right product through a natural human-like conversation. Both leading enterprise businesses such as Amazon, 3M or P&G as well as small and medium-sized retailers and brands use Zoovu to help their customers, increase online sales, improve their CX, and gain valuable consumer insights.
There's a lot that goes into "making complex look simple", which is why we're looking for Data Scientist to join our AI team in Germany. This is a unique opportunity to work with our team of open-minded, genuinely caring professionals with many different backgrounds.
WHAT WILL YOU DO
As a Data Scientist at Zoovu, you will be contributing to Machine Learning projects related to our Digital Advice Technology by:
- Analysing users’ behavioral data, searching for interesting patterns and deriving data models to implement ideas involving state of the art AI and Machine Learning concepts using Python and various ML libraries
- Converting your findings into production components, maintaining and continuously improving your own solutions through the evolution of our Digital Advice Technology
- Analysing product catalogues of our customers e.g. classifying their products or augmenting missing data points, everything with the goal to provide the best product recommendations and outstanding shopping experience to online buyers
- Challenging your smartness and creativity in delivering small proof-of-concept projects which, in case of success, will evolve into product features
- Working closely with our product and engineering team to convert AI team’s (which you will be part of) research results into our platform features
- Applying professional technologies and cloud services like kubernetes, AWS, distributed systems based on microservices
- Being part of regular SCRUM rituals, therefore facilitating and making the daily workflow smoother
WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
It is definitely you we're looking for, if you possess:
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Statistics, Mathematics, Informatics, Data Science, Physics or similar and 1+ years working in a role comparable to advanced analytics. Alternatively we can also offer a part-time position during a PhD or doctor studies.
- Experience in data engineering or at least understanding the main concepts and problems
- Understanding data, data concepts as well as skills in data cleaning and deriving data models
- Strong SQL skills and strong skills in logics and logical thinking
- Strong Python skills
- Good knowledge of TensorFlow
- Software engineering skills are of great benefit as we do not only research and conceptualise but develop our solutions end-to-end, from proof-of-concept to production
- Good understanding of Statistics, Analytics, Deep Learning and Natural Language Processing
- Ability to clearly present research findings with vision for development
- Focus and ability to find solutions and work towards goals when setbacks/ hurdles occur
- Ability to build and explain statistical models, both on huge datasets and small imbalanced ones
- Friendly personality and joy for teamwork
- Proactive attitude and a high degree of self-motivation
- Full working proficiency in English
- Enthusiasm for e-commerce, online solutions and related technologies
- Ability to organize remote work with limited onsite work options
If you do not feel like having experience with all the mentioned concepts and technologies but you have profound baseline knowledge of Data Science and you are willing to invest time and effort into learning, do not hesitate to reach out, let’s talk!
WHAT DO WE OFFER?
- Attractive salary starting from EUR 3.200 gross monthly based on your experience and qualifications, skill set, and fit for the role adjustable
- Flat structure, friendly team atmosphere and flexible working hours
- Working with open-minded, genuinely caring professionals with many different backgrounds
- Heterogeneous challenges, a variety of projects
- Interesting and diversified experience as part of our team, as well as a friendly and innovative working environment at a global market leader
- Remote work and financial support for home office equipment
- Meal Voucher
We are on a mission to change the way people shop and decide. Because we are facing new exciting tasks every day, we need people like you to help us to provide the highest quality solutions for our clients.
Sounds like a good challenge? Then we look forward to receiving your resume (in English)! Apply today!
PLEASE NOTE THAT WE WILL ONLY RESPOND TO SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATES