Modsy is a fast growing, San Francisco-based startup that is reinventing the way we design and shop for our homes. Leveraging ground-breaking 3D technology and a seamless customer experience, Modsy guides you through a few simple steps to capture, redesign, and transform your home. You receive back a catalog quality lifelike version of your room rendered in 3D that is fully shoppable based on your style, budget, and functional needs. The future of home design and furniture buying is changing and Modsy is leading the way.
As a company, Modsy is pioneering a remote-first, distributed team culture. We pride ourselves in our inclusive, diverse environment where exceptional talent helps our customers create their dream home.
We are looking for a customer-centric and growth-oriented Head of Customer Success. As the leader of Modsy’s Customer Success team, you will support our customers’ journey as they explore and purchase our 3D interior design offerings, and through their buying experience from our rapidly evolving home furnishings marketplace.
You will have a vision for delivering a world-class customer experience and are passionate about building and leading teams that drive customer advocacy and delight at scale. You will lead a distributed team of Customer Success specialists in the US, and manage our vendor relationships with our international Tier 1 support teams. This role is a senior manager/director level position, subject to experience of the candidate
This role is open to candidates from the following states: CA, CO, GA, IL, MD, MN, NC, NJ, NM, NY, OR, TX, WA
- Manage Modsy’s full customer success scope, including customer advocacy throughout the entire design and marketplace journey, and refining policies that keep customer experience top of mind. Our customer success team also guides customers through pre-sale consultations and is the internal access point for customer insights across the company.
- Oversee strategy, planning and execution of Modsy’s customer success goals, including defining specific near-term and long-term customer experience metrics, goals, and roadmap.
- Continuously improve an exceptional customer experience model that serves all customer needs and strives to outperform our key customer experience metrics.
- Manage an organization made up of distributed, US-based team members and international vendors that provide tailored support solutions.
- Lead, influence, and collaborate with cross-functional teams to ensure that Modsy consistently delivers great end-to-end customer experiences across all stages, channels and touchpoints in the customer journey.
- Leverage experience and expertise in advanced customer support solutions including CRM and ticketing platforms, self-service solutions, and various customer support channels, to optimize our offerings and meet core customer needs.
- 8+ years of work experience and 3+ years in customer success/experience/support leadership positions; technology and marketplace experience preferred, furniture and home furnishings experience beneficial but not required
- Consistent track record of exceeding customer satisfaction, customer advocacy, and net promoter score targets
- Deep passion for and understanding of customers, ability to develop strong customer relationships and above all a creative mind to deliver those “wow” moments
- Technical expertise and ability to acquire knowledge of new products and constructively engage with product team members to help shape the Customer Success product roadmap
- Exceptional organizational, presentation, and communication skills, both verbal and written
- Demonstrated ability to deal with change and be a team player
- Strong leadership & coaching skills
- Willingness and eagerness to lead a distributed team, and view a remote work culture as an opportunity to unlock better collaboration and customer support
- A generous discount on all room design and furnishings
- A 401(k) plan
- Paid vacations, holidays, and time off to volunteer
- Life insurance
- Pre-tax flexible spending accounts
- Health benefits, dental and vision insurance
- Mentorship program
- Career development workshops and learning programs
Modsy is committed to bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds and perspectives. We strive to create an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and be their authentic self, feel a sense of community, and do great work together. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer open to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, ethnicity, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, Veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
Modsy has raised $71M in funding from TCV, AVP, Norwest, GV, NBCUniversal Cable Entertainment, Comcast Ventures, Birchmere Ventures, and BBG.