FireEye is the intelligence-led security company. Working as a seamless, scalable extension of customer security operations, FireEye offers a single platform that blends innovative security technologies, nation-state grade threat intelligence, and world-renowned Mandiant® consulting. With this approach, FireEye eliminates the complexity and burden of cyber security for organizations struggling to prepare for, prevent, and respond to cyber attacks. Learn more about FireEye's world-class solutions and global footprint at https://www.fireeye.com/company.html.
Do you have strong programming skills and a passion for research and development? Are you looking for an opportunity to collaborate with industry-leading teams reverse engineering malware, generating new intelligence, and developing new analytics?
If this sounds exciting – then the Mandiant Advantage Labs Applied Research team is looking for you!
What you will do:
As a Principal Research Engineer in Mandiant Advantage Labs, you will:
- Build tools to enrich our extensive collection of malware and intelligence data
- Help design, lead, and execute on applied research projects (e.g., accelerating internal and external malware analysts and SOC analysts)
- Help identify ways to deliver new insights from data we already are collecting
- Collaborate closely with teams working on our flagship products, including Mandiant Advantage and FLARE’s Malware Analysis Workbench
- Work closely with our Incident responders, Intel analysts, Malware Reverse Engineers, and engineering teams to offer new cloud services and data towards our web-based products exposed to thousands of internal and external customers around the world
- Stay on top of the latest technology and security landscape trends
This position is fully remote.
- Advanced understanding of one or more information security disciplines (e.g., cyber intel analysis, incident response, security operations/monitoring, malware analysis)
- Advanced experience with multiple computer languages (e.g., C, C++, Python, GO)
- Advanced knowledge of computer science fundamentals (e.g., data structures and algorithms)
- Experience with network-based services and client/server applications
- Demonstrable experience with project leadership including roadmaps and milestones
- Demonstrable experience delivering insights from applied research projects
- Experience presenting to different stakeholders of varying technical depth
- Experience with version control and project tracking systems such as Git and JIRA
- Experience working on or with a product team
- Comfortable working with remote teams
- Experience mentoring junior staff
- Advanced degree in science or math disciplines
- Blog writing and/or conference presentation experience
- Experience developing and deploying software to run at scale in a cloud-based environment
- Data analytics experience
- Reverse engineering experience
At FireEye we are committed to our #OneTeam approach combining diversity, collaboration, and excellence. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
(For candidates applying from Colorado, the following applies*)
Minimum Salary: $139,200. Final salary will be determined commensurately with cost of living, experience level, and/or any other legally permissible considerations.
Incentive Compensation: Eligibility for annual bonus subject to individual and company performance; eligibility for award of Restricted Stock Units subject to eligibility requirements, approval from FireEye’s Compensation Committee, and vesting terms
Benefits: Employer subsidized benefits include Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, and Disability Insurance. Subject to eligibility requirements, FireEye also offers the ability to participate in 401(k), Flexible Spending Accounts, Health Savings Accounts, Dependent Care Spending Accounts, and Employee Stock Purchase Program. FireEye also provides Paid Time Off, Flexible Paid Sick Time, and Paid Holidays.
*Disclosure as required by sb19-085 (8-5-20)