It’s an exciting time to join Cervest. Our inaugural product, EarthScan™, will launch in 2021. EarthScan™ is an automated climate risk impact discovery tool that measures the impact of climate change on physical assets like buildings.
Backed by leading VCs in Europe and the US, Cervest is a climate tech company building the world’s first open access AI-powered Climate Intelligence platform.
Our platform will allow organisations to understand the climate risk across all their assets for any timescale and any scenario, anywhere on Earth. Data engineering plays a crucial role in making this vision a reality. The team supports the acquisition, ingestion, processing and hosting of any data and designs, and delivers infrastructure to support efficiency and innovation at scale.
As a company, we are a pro-diversity, highly inclusive organisation, committed to bringing together people of all backgrounds and enabling them to succeed. We know that a richly diverse team will help us achieve our mission sooner.
The Climate Risk team is looking for someone to help us to develop Cervest's carbon offering. Starting with building out the transitional risk component to the TCFD aligned disclosure framework that is being developed on our EarthScan platform, but then also looking at developing Cervest's broader carbon offering into the marketplace.
As a Transitional Risk Expert at Cervest, you will be:
- Researching the TCFD and other relevant ESG Frameworks wrt TR
- Benchmarking Cervest's competitors for what and how they are addressing the topic of TR - establishing what currently is seen as 'best in class'
- Assessing which carbon footprinting tool Cervest should use and/or recommendations for what it will take to build our own
- Assessing what scenarios and decarbonisation pathway tools should Cervest use and why
- Working with the Head of Product Innovation, Climate Scientists and other relevant internal stakeholders to build out the TR Disclosure Framework template to build out the TR product - inc but not limited to target setting, scenario analysis, decarbonisation pathways, KPIs etc
We are looking for people who have:
- Transitional Risk (TR) expertise - someone who has knowledge of the TR component of the TCFD framework
- Building carbon abatement curves using NPV analysis
- Knowledge of and Conducting Scenario analysis
- Building out Decarbonisation pathways
- Knowledge of and/or building a carbon footprint calculator
- Building out recommendations and options via decision-making tools or other forms
- Worked in a corporate, consultancy, emissions trading house or NGO on delivering against the skills outlined above
- Minimum MSc requirement in a relevant degree
- Ideally looking for a mid-career professional who is keen to join an innovative, commercial but yet mission orientated company at the forefront of climate analytics
- 10 years experience (minimum 8)
- Looking for a self-starter who is perceptive, numerate, curious and energetic
- Needs to be good communicator - excellent command of English in written and spoken form
- Well versed with preparing presentations, briefs, proposals etc
- Has worked with external stakeholders (research, science, academia, civil society orgs etc)
Opportunities to learn, grow and thrive with support from talented and empathetic team mates
We are a remote first company and looking for candidates who would be able to come to our office in London (once travel is sensible) a few times a year using more sustainable transport methods (we’ll help with that) so generally within one time zone of the UK.
Fuller list of benefits on our main career page – we’re an early-stage startup and currently reviewing our benefits in light of becoming a remote-first company. We are committed to ensuring that we support our team in developing in line with their aspirations and talents as well as continuing to develop our culture in line with our values.