Media Cause is an award winning, mission-driven marketing and creative agency that helps nonprofits grow and accelerate their impact. We take a people-first approach to developing powerful creative, scalable growth strategies, and targeted communications that connect with individuals across their entire supporter journey: from awareness and recruitment to fundraising and advocacy, and every touchpoint in-between.
Media Cause consists of 40 full-time employees along with a network of talented consultants. We have offices in Boston, Washington DC, Atlanta and San Francisco (reopening post COVID) as well as a few team members who work remote permanently. Our agency has grown in size every year since our founding, landing on the Inc. 5000 list for the fastest growing private companies in America twice. We have built a strong business although Impact is our North Star. In addition to winning 14 awards for our client work in 2020, Media Cause was honored by Inc. Magazine with a Best In Business Gold Award for our positive impact on our community, our industry and society as a whole.
Media Cause is looking for an Senior SEO Specialist to help accelerate the growth and impact of organizations doing good in the world by supporting SEO strategies for our agency, internally and externally with clients.
Who You Are:
The ideal candidate has 4+ years of digital marketing experience—bonus points for prior agency experience and/or exposure to Non-profits. This role will work across both internal strategies and client strategies.
This role will help manage SEO strategies for Media Cause and our clients, developing strategy, conducting audits, conducting keyword research, providing ongoing SEO recommendations, and implementation.
We're looking for people with a passion for driving meaningful results for clients, a hunger to continue learning in the ever changing digital world, the ability to problem solve to overcome any challenge, a passion for helping teammates succeed, and a strong desire to change the world.
Skills & Experience Required
- Experience developing in-depth content strategy based on keyword and market research.
- Conduct competitive research on clients' competitors with regards to SEO.
- Conduct keyword research and develop target keyword lists.
- Optimizing copy and landing pages for search engine optimization
- Performing ongoing keyword research including discovery and expansion of keyword opportunities.
- Researching and implementing content recommendations for organic SEO success
- Keep current with SEO industry trends and provide authoritative knowledge and advice to clients.
- Strong project management, ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- You are a strategic thinker who is a master at Google Analytics.
- Experienced at monitoring, identifying, and improving SEO performance with industry standard SEO tools, such as MOZ, SEMrush, Screaming Frog, Google Search Console and others.
- Has technical knowledge and experience conducting and implementing technical audits.
- Ability to write HTML title tags and other META Content
- Revise website structure to improve SEO rankings
- Develop a plan and execute on page and off page linking strategy
- Ability to be self-directed, highly motivated and maintain a sense of urgency.
- Experience with Wordpress or other CMS
- Ability to be nimble and adaptable based on needs while meeting deadlines
Company Perks & Culture
- Family first work environment with flexible work from home options to accommodate personal obligations
- Robust health, dental, and vision benefit plans for you and yours
- 401k & retirement planning
- Agency-wide profit sharing
- Unlimited personal time off (with an enforced 3 week minimum every year)
- Quarterly mental health Fridays to reset and recharge
- Flexible remote work: We're open to candidates located anywhere in the US and support work getting done wherever it works best for the employee
- $150/month health & wellness stipend to strengthen your body and/or mind
- $1,000/year individual professional development stipend to cover any education/training that you want to pursue to grow in your role (or as a human!)
- Agency commitment to building and supporting a diverse, equitable, and inclusive agency (and we hold ourselves accountable)
- Transparent & equitable career growth opportunities: Clear path for advancement and opportunity for anyone to raise their hand for promotion every 6 months
- The ability to work with genuinely fantastic humans who care deeply about the work we do and each other
- Yearly donations made to employees nonprofit of choice to celebrate their Media Cause work anniversaries
- A culture of volunteering and giving back to the communities we work in and to the issues we care about around the world (quarterly office volunteer days will return after COVID)
This is a salaried role commensurate with experience. Media Cause is committed to hiring individuals who are traditionally underrepresented in the field of marketing. We strongly encourage all qualified people to apply.