Summary: We're a rapidly growing but early-stage startup looking for an outstanding software engineer to become our first in-house tech hire. An ideal opportunity for a developer looking to work in a high-velocity, high-impact environment, owning the development process from design to implementation to launch.
Gocertify is a software startup that helps online retailers verify students, key workers, under-26s, over-60s and more for exclusive discounts.
In 10 months we've gone from zero to working with Kurt Geiger, Farfetch, Myprotein, Benefit Cosmetics and other large retailers. We've driven over $10 million in retailer sales whilst saving Key Workers, Students and other groups huge amounts of money (We've helped give over $2,000,000 worth of discounts to Key Workers alone).
We're looking for someone to lead technology. Joining as one of the first hires this is a high impact role. You must be a jack of all trades and be happy to get hands-on with everything! We'll need you to work on some Frontend but the majority of projects focused on Backend. You'll have the opportunity to own the development process while building our technology team.
- Are a small, dedicated team of smart, product folks, and salespeople
- Hate useless meetings, value your time and enjoy a good work/life balance
- Data-driven, and take product ideas from the whole team
- Work quickly to test and launch new ideas
- Value design and beautiful user experiences (But also understand the constraints of Frontend!)
- Work in a high-velocity environment, owning the development process
- 80% backend work, 20% frontend
- Having an impact across the whole product from our verification system to the interface used by 100,000s of shoppers
- As an early-stage startup, we're not overbuilt. There is space to test new ideas - we love people who're curious and take initiative
- Able to make decisions on which features need to move fast or need solid tests & scalability
- Have a good background in algorithms, systems, and design
- Have a startup-mentality, be a problem solver
- Happy to get hands-on with everything. You might work on databases, APIS, DevOps, architecture. You don't need to know it all but not just scared of a challenge
- Desirable - experience in a startup
As well as a £50-60k salary you'll get:
- Share options in an early stage, fast-growing startup with interest from some of the most exciting VC/angel investors in Europe
- 33 days paid holiday
- The option to be completely remote with occasional meetings face-to-face
- Unlimited potential for progression. You'll be tech hire #1. We expect to hire 2-3 developers in the next 12 months
1. Application review
2. 30 min chat to see if we're a mutual fit
3. A task and then a 60 min interview
4. 45 min chat with the team