QS is a global leader in higher education services with a mission to enable motivated people anywhere in the world to fulfil their potential through educational achievement, international mobility and career development. We serve institutions and students with insight, connections and services that enable institutions to achieve their objectives, whether those are for better global engagement, innovation, or student recruitment, and enable students to find the right institution and program to fulfil their ambitions.
QS provides platforms for business schools and universities to connect with talented individuals who are seeking to further their academic progress and career development. QS's online portals (TopUniversities.com, TopMBA.com and QSLeap.com) and student recruitment events enable us to support students to find and connect with the optimum university and course of study for them. QS's focus is on the international student market, connecting candidates to institutions through online advertising, face-to-face and online events. QS also compiles highly visible and influential rankings of international universities including the QS World University Rankings® which reaches a global audience of hundreds of millions of people.
QS is transforming from a set of independent businesses to a global insight and connections provider supported by a technology and data platform with aligned product, marketing and sales capabilities to better serve our clients - the 4000+ global institutions and the 55M+ students we interact with each year. This role joins at an exciting time with a unique opportunity to shape the future data & analytics strategy and infrastructure and support the next evolution of QS into a digital platform, data and analytics business which will enable the achievement of exponential growth.
As the Chief Data & Analytics Officer, you will be a dynamic data and analytics leader who will be required to accelerate the development and implementation of a consolidated data and analytics strategy across QS.
Reporting to the Group Managing Director, with responsibility for developing and managing the analytics and data assets across the entire QS business. These are a major contributor to revenue and profitability and this role will need both commercial and data science experience.
- Designing and developing a data and analytics strategy to achieve QS's long term strategy that will leverage current data and insight capabilities across the business, both to 1) support use cases served by our analytics offerings, and 2) customer and user analytics for developing product strategies and providing customer reporting
- Building on the current data science and business intelligence function, extending that to a group-wide capability, using machine learning and AI across our datasets
- Working with our CTO and technology team to develop a foundational architecture for a shared data and analytics capability serving products and internal analysis across QS, including a data cloud to capture our institution and student data with clear structural logic and a data architecture that can meet our needs as we build our institution and student data assets
- Understand use cases across the business both for use cases served by our analytics offerings, and customer and user analytics for developing product strategies and providing customer reporting
- Audit current datasets, status of cleansing and curation, data management and access
- Audit current taxonomies and data structure, and design a robust, future- looking data and entity mapping structure
- Work with technology to assess current infrastructure and develop architecture that builds an analytics foundation underpinning QS products and services ensuring best in class analytics and visualisation tools and capabilities are in use
- Develop data use principles, governance and the tools that enable access, working with our DPO and CISO to ensure we data governance and data protection compliance that enable us to meet our legal and contractual obligations, while drawing new insight from meta-data across the breadth of QS assets
- Provide frameworks for integration of 3rd party data sources and customer data integration
- Working closely with product owners and technology develop the teams, capabilities and operating mechanisms that will support analytics-led growth across our business
- Proven success in driving transformation of analytics and data capabilities
- Strong leadership skills - you are a passionate and motivational leader of analytics teams.
- Experience developing, implementing and maintaining data, content and analytics strategies
- A deep understanding of data management and governance principles and practice
- Broad knowledge of IT tools and technologies relating to analytics and data management and governance
- Strategic experience and a commercial, visionary mindset - having worked closely with business founders and/or senior executives.
- Tenacity and determination - you are results-driven and unafraid to challenge the status quo and hold people accountable, in order to deliver ROI and drive business growth.
- Ability to gain trust, influence and steer a wide range of stakeholders enabling you to evangelise the power of insight in all that we do
- An interest in, or experience of, higher education and university performance