Routeware Global is the industry leader in providing software and data analysis that enables public and private enterprises to improve the effectiveness and efficiency of their waste and recycling programs. Based in Portland, Oregon, the company employs a distributed team across North America and the UK. Our brands, products, and services provide an all-in-one solution to municipal and private waste haulers and other fleet services. As part of an essential, growing industry, we seek solution-oriented team players who want to have a positive impact on the environment while working in a dynamic, fast-paced, collaborative, and fun environment that appreciates innovation and initiative.
ReCollect Systems, A Routeware Global Company, is a Software as a Service focused organization that lives at the intersection of technology, waste and recycling and public impact.
Our mission is to support a sustainable planet by helping our customers increase recycling and reduce the impact of waste with delightful communications and engagement tools.
We are a fast growing company that serves hundreds of customers across North America and nudges millions of citizens every day to make better environmental choices.
Our team is entirely distributed across North America and has been since our founding 8 years ago. As a result the ReCollect team has many, many years of telecommute experience and working on highly productive remote teams.
We are looking to add a skilled Accounting Clerk to the finance team, to support both organic growth and growth through acquisition. The Accounting Clerk is an integral position in the finance department and will be responsible for creating and maintaining accurate and timely financial records for the organization. This position offers internal growth potential as well as professional development within a fast-growing entrepreneurial company.
- New Customer and Upsell processing
- Input data into CRM (Customer Relationship Management) system and billing system
- Verify accuracy and ensure systems are balanced
- Save documentation in appropriate folder
- Record any special terms and conditions in PlanHat and Fusebill
- Renewal preparation and initiation
- Prepare renewal information and appropriate price uplift
- Communicate pricing and timeline to customer
- Update CRM system with notes & amounts quoted to customer
- Contract Administrator
- Review and update existing contracts
- Coordinate with legal team on any special terms and conditions
- Ensure compliance with company goals and analyzing potential risks involved with specific contract terms
- Record special terms and conditions in CRM and billing systems
- Order Form
- Renewal processing in billing and CRM systems
- Update systems with renewal information and mid-subscription price uplifts
- Maintain customer contact information
- Add new customers and existing customer upsells
- Monitor daily for invoices to be posted
- Post invoices on their due date
- Monitor for accuracy of monthly and mid-contract invoices before automatic posting
- Accounts Receivable
- Ensure invoices are paid on time and follow up with delinquent customers
- Process Credit Card payments
- Follow up with customers for PO where applicable
- Solicit and setup customers to pay by ACH/EFT
- Document procedures for all Billing Clerk responsibilities
- Serve in a backup capacity for other accounting functions such as payroll, treasury functions, and cash management.
- Assist in special projects as needed.
- Work with other departments to ensure compliance with accounting policies and procedures.
- Thorough knowledge of GAAP accounting processes and procedures.
- Handles confidential and sensitive information and records with a high degree of discretion, diligence, and good judgment. Demonstrates the same in all interactions with co-workers, customers, vendors, and others.
- Possess a meticulous eye for detail
- Demonstrates excellent written and verbal communication skills. Listens effectively, transmits information accurately and understandably, and actively seeks feedback.
- Well-organized, self-directed team player. Remains open to others' ideas, and exhibits willingness to try new things.
- Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner and gathers and analyzes information skillfully.
- Adapts to changes in the work environment, manages competing demands, and is able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Prioritizes and plans work activities, uses time efficiently, and develops realistic action plans.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or business, or a minor in business, accounting, or finance with relevant experience.
- 2+ years of accounting experience in established middle-market companies.
- Skilled in the use of enterprise-level accounting software, Microsoft Office, and other business software systems. Experienced with general office equipment.
- Strong mathematical, analytical, and organizational skills.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel user.
- Strong experience with daily Accounts Payable and/or Accounts Receivable functions.
- Experience with Salesforce software.
- Experience with Intacct software.
- Software industry experience.
- Experience in multiple currency transactions and inter-company transactions.
- Experience with sales tax calculations and filing in multiple jurisdictions.
- Comprehensive benefits (medical, vision, dental, and life insurance)
- 401K match
- Paid Time Off
- 8 paid company holidays
This is a full-time remote position. Interested parties are encouraged to send a cover letter detailing why you think you could be a great fit, along with an updated resume. Thanks, and we look forward to hearing from you.
Routeware, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits all forms of discrimination or harassment. At Routeware, we are committed to the principle of equality and all employment decisions are based on job requirements, business needs and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate.