We are Zego - a commercial motor insurance provider that powers opportunities for businesses, from entire fleets of vehicles to self-employed drivers and riders. We combine best-in-class technology with sophisticated data sources to offer insurance products that save businesses time and money.
Since our inception, we have believed that the problem with traditional insurance is that it holds businesses back. It’s too expensive and time-consuming, and it no longer suits businesses that use vehicles to earn money. Our products represent a solution to this problem for businesses based across the UK, Europe and beyond.
So far, we have raised over $200 million in funding and we were the first UK insurtech to be valued at over $1 billion. We were also the first to be awarded our own insurance license and recently won Tech Company of the Year 2020.
At Zego, we are proud to say we have a diverse and inclusive team, unified by our shared values and mission. Our people are the most important part of our story and everybody at Zego, no matter their role, has an integral part to play.
We believe that product management is critical to Zego’s future success, so we’re building a team where product managers have the opportunity to learn, contribute and take exciting calculated risks. We’re doing this by ensuring that product strategy underpins everything that we do, and that our Product Managers are empowered to make decisions, in collaboration with the engineering team and other stakeholders.
Working in an Agile environment, our team helps to scope and build scalable complex systems, from consumer-facing products to internal tooling. As we move forward, we are looking to embed data-driven and problem-obsessed domain expertise into everything that we do, ensuring that product-based thinking is central to Zego’s decision making.
This role is responsible for the capture, interpretation and actioning of driver behaviour data to generate insights to better understand and predict risk, inform our pricing and control our loss ratios, and explore new opportunities to leverage telematics and human behavioural analysis to provide better products and new value propositions to Zego’s customers (e.g. AI-based claims analysis, multi-modal mobility insurance products).
The role will report to the Head of Data Products. In this role, you will be leading an expert team of telematics, human behaviour analysis and data experts, with a focus on applying signal processing of high-frequency low latency sensor data and machine learning to create meaningful features (e.g. harsh braking, crash, harsh cornering, speeding, distracted driving detection, etc), as well as software engineers responsible for the scalability and availability of this services and the data it generates.
- You will be responsible for defining and delivering Zego’s behavioural data strategy - encompassing existing relationships and establishing new relationships
- You will make telematics data a core attribute of our customer relationship for all our motor customer types (currently B2C and Fleet)
- You will be leading with a strong behavioural data squad - composed of software engineers focused on data collection via SDKs from mobile devices and 3rd party telematics data sources (e.g. OEMs, weather, traffic), as well as data experts focused on making the collected data actionable by our other platform components
- You will ensure adherence to our customer value proposition, providing customers with a clear reason to enable access to the data we required
- You will actively monitor data quality and completeness, working with the Product teams responsible for our customer types to incentive data access and quality
- You will manage the budget for the telematics space, constantly searching for the additional data attributes and partnerships that will allow us to further our understanding of risk and offer the fairest pricing to our customers
- You have Product Management experience in innovative commercial product teams
- You will be a data product expert having run a product set powered by third party data and preferably mobility data
- You have an understanding of the insurance market and the impact that quality data at volume can make on customers
- You have proven experience of working within an Agile Product team and demonstrate value through building data-driven products
- You are analytical and able to draw extensive insights from qualitative and quantitative data
- You have experience working closely with user research teams
Zego has a truly international and inclusive team, unified by great ideas and collaborative thoughtfulness. Our people are the most important part of our story and everyone plays an essential role in our journey. We look for people who have expertise, enthusiasm and who are motivated by change. There’s plenty of room to learn and grow, as part of our ongoing training programmes or directly from other experts. You’ll work alongside a talented group of people who respect each other's differences and seek to understand fresh perspectives.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status.