Transifex is a Greek-born company, internationally recognized by today’s tech leaders as a leading agile translation management solution. With offices in the US and Greece, we are global and digital — with employees on two continents and customers in nearly 50 countries representing about 60,000 projects and over 500,000 users, localizing content in 150+ languages. Companies like Quora, Atlassian, Eventbrite, Meetup, and HubSpot rely on Transifex to achieve a truly multilingual, global presence.
Our mission at Transifex is to allow every person in the world to use technology in their native language. We want to become the default platform for product teams to manage their localization in a continuous way, one which blends well with their product development tools and workflows.
While considering this position, take into account what we value here at Transifex. We are looking for someone who aims to:
- Be a true teammate
- Consistently grow
- Advocate for the Customer
- Truly own it
- Be your whole self
As the Senior People Operations at Transifex, you will be responsible for leading, motivating, retaining and developing People Operations. You will be responsible for shaping the direction of People Operations and for Human Resources related activities. You will support the rapid growth of the company as you will be responsible for developing people processes and support the exceptional group of employees at Transifex. This will involve helping resolve employee relations issues, managing development programs, coaching the team’s leadership and more. Empowering the team while easing day to day work.
- As a visionary for the People Operations team, you will contribute to the strategy and offer your input to grow and shape the organization.
- Work closely with the CEO, the Senior Leadership and while being supported by the People Ops team, shape a People’s strategy that moves Transifex towards continued innovation and growth.
- Provide HR support by resolving complex issues, supporting managers and staff in areas including compensation and rewards, performance management, people development and employee relations.
- Invest in our employee growth and contribute to Learning and Development.
- Set up a salary framework and take care of legal-related HR tasks (i.e. contracts etc.).
- Understand the needs of all teams relating to People Ops matters and provide coaching and support. Automate and optimize HR and office related processes.
- Keep track of and analyze HR metrics.
- Ensure our amazing remote-first environment for our employees is maintained.
- Treat employees as internal customers and increase their satisfaction proactively (ex. programs like sabbatical, paternity leave etc.).
- Nurture the company’s culture and values.
- Bachelor's degree in a related field.
- 3 to 5 years of experience in similar roles.
- Based within GMT and GMT+4 time zones
- Proven experience in leading a People Operations/Human Resources team.
- HR domain experience.
- Experience leading team development and growth.
- Developing and implementing HR initiatives.
- Solid understanding of payroll, employment law, health & safety and organizational development.
Nice To Haves
- Master’s degree in a related field.
- Working experience at a tech company at growth-stage.
What You’ll also Bring:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills both in Greek and in English.
- Belief in the value of feedback and willingness to support the team on a variety of tasks.
- Excellent people management skills; ability to train, oversee, coach, and mentor remotely.
- Comfort in working with digital tools and discover new software and learn how to use it.
- High attention to detail and great organisational skills with the ability to prioritize.
- The ability to work autonomously and to drive your own performance & development with sharp sense of confidentiality, accuracy and urgency.
- Capability in managing conflict and conflicting views.
Our People Operations team is committed to creating a great working environment for the people working at Transifex which, in turn, has a positive impact on the success of the company. We celebrate communication, appreciation and excellence between our team members and strive to provide a great workplace.
The health of our company and the success of the SaaS product we offer is directly related to the work environment we create for ourselves. With this in mind, we strive to create a welcoming and positive place in which to work and thrive. For our remote employees, we offer:
- Competitive salary and company equity (stock options)
- Private health insurance for employees and dependents
- Dental insurance
- Ticket Restaurant Cards
- Flexible working arrangements
- Paid time off
- Apple equipment
- Diverse and close-knit employee team
- Sabbatical leave
For our employees commuting into Athens:
- There is convenient office location with excellent amenities
- The office is close to public transportation with ample parking