CALSTART has an immediate three-month paid internship opportunity for a highly motivated individual to join our Fuel & Infrastructure team. The Fuels and Infrastructure Initiative focuses on research and policy development, teaming with fleets, manufacturers, and governments to identify fuel and deployment location needs and evaluate the cost, performance, best practices, and business case of clean, low carbon fuels and infrastructure.
The intern will support collecting and analyzing data on zero-emission infrastructure, conducting market and industry research to identify trends and insights, assist with marketing and outreach programs, and organize various events, forums, and webinars.
CALSTART‘s mission is to improve air quality, combat climate change, strengthen the economy, and create jobs by growing the clean transportation technology industry. With more than 28 years of experience, CALSTART is recognized nationally and internationally as an industry catalyst. CALSTART's member organizations are diverse and include, among others, Tesla Motors, UPS, Ford, the Union of Concerned Scientists, Kenworth, General Motors, Southern California Gas, and Southern California Edison. CALSTART focuses on four major initiatives: cars, trucks (including non-road vehicles), bus/mobility, and fuels/infrastructure. CALSTART is a national organization with offices in several states. If you want a career where you are making a real impact and benefiting society and the environment, you should consider working for CALSTART.
- Completed a least three years of accredited college/university level coursework pursuing a bachelor's degree in Public Policy, Economics, or Environmental Science, or other related fields
- Interest and strong desire to learn more about clean transportation, particularly medium to heavy-duty zero-emission vehicles
- An understanding of environmental science and public policy
- Demonstrated proficiency in Excel, Tableau, and/or GIS (ESRI products preferred)
- Strong written skills with the ability to synthesize technical analyses
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, and project management abilities
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative and multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- High proficiency in communications project management across various stages of development and implementation (planning, execution, monitoring, and completion)
- Ability to communicate with multiple stakeholders and audiences
- Ability to work independently in a remote work environment
- Commitment of 20-40 hrs/week
To apply: If you are up to this challenge, we invite you to apply. Qualified candidates, please apply online with your resume and cover letter at www.calstart.org/careers
CALSTART, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and one that celebrates diversity in all forms. Our inclusive environment focuses on making decisions based on merit without regard to race, color, hair texture, gender, religion, age, nationality, social or ethnic origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, LGBTQIA+ status, marital status, pregnancy, disability, genetics, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law or not. This applies to any terms, conditions, and privileges of employment, including recruiting, hiring, transferring, training, pay, incentives, benefits, discipline, promotion, lay-offs, and termination. Underrepresented candidates are encouraged to apply.